IPv6 Google

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I never knew that there were not enough unique IP addresses to be shared among all the people of the world in IPv4 if we were to give one to each! :shock: Or maybe I never cared to notice.

Anyway, IPv6 is the future. And Indian ISP's needs to prepare themselves.

Meanwhile this is reassuring: :)

*i.imgur.com/hSubC.jpg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never knew that there were not enough unique IP addresses to be shared among all the people of the world in IPv4 if we were to give one to each! :shock: Or maybe I never cared to notice.

Anyway, IPv6 is the future. And Indian ISP's needs to prepare themselves.

Meanwhile this is reassuring: :)

*i.imgur.com/hSubC.jpg

Try this: Test your IPv6.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The government already has a plan to meet IPv6. Check here:

Ministry of Communication & information Technology

Don't know how much implemented so far;).

Edit: I use Hathway, this is what I got:
*i.imgur.com/p6vkF.png

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Clearly the internet needs more IP addresses. How many more, exactly? Well, how about 340 trillion trillion trillion (or, 340,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000)? That's how many addresses the internet's new "piping," IPv6, can handle. That's a number big enough to give everyone on Earth their own list of billions of IP addresses. Big enough, in other words, to offer the Internet virtually infinite room to grow, from now into the foreseeable future.

Looks great :D

bubusam13

Human
I told you guys, at the present scenario IPv6 is slow because of tunneling. Tunneling is the way to putting a IPv6 address in a IPv4 add. This process of conversion makes it slow even though your bandwidth is high.

IPv4 are enough because of NAT

Flake

Linux User
I am using BSNL Broadband and this is what I got..

*img9.imageshack.us/img9/4034/ipv6medium.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try this: Test your IPv6.

I use MTNL. And here's what it shows: :(

*i.imgur.com/pCBDO.jpg

Btw... I am using Google's DNS. So of course the DNS server is appearing to have IPv6 Internet access. I will check with MTNL's default DNS soon.

Update:
Well using MTNL's DNS I got this:
"Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access to the IPv6 Internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites."

Looks like I will continue using Google's DNS! :lol:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My Airtel Broadband:
*img821.imageshack.us/img821/8391/ipv6test.png

Nice to see Airtel guys providing both v4 & v6.

Top Bottom