IPTV up for grabs in DELHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
IPTV(Intrenet Protocol TV)Delivers television programming to households via broadband connections using internet protocols.Requires a IPTV set-top box,and offers key advantages over existing TV cable and satellite technologies.IPTV offers such potential as more channels,time shifted channels,faster channel changing,PIP with on-screen guides,on-demand video gaming,on-scream caller ID,on screen chat or email,and interactions with other internet services.The potential is truly unlimited.At present MTNL is offering 102 channels,Time shift TV(TSTV) and real interactive Video On Demand(VOD).IPTV viewers will have full control over functionality such as rewind,fast-forward,pause,and so on for interactive content like VOD,TSTV etc.

IPTV TRAFFIC
(a.)Registration charges:Rs.500/-
(b.)For security and monthly service charge for the set top box(STB),three options are proposed:
1.LIFE TIME:rental->Rs.3k,Security->nil
2.YEARLY:rental->Rs.860/-,security->Rs.1k
3.QUATERLY:rental->Rs.250/-,Security->Rs2k

(c.)MONTHLY CHARGES FOR TV CHANNELS(4 subscriptions):
1.30 FTA channels:Rs.60pm
2.30 FTA+any one bouquet of sony,star or zee:Rs.130pm
3.30 FTA+any two bouquet of sony,star or zee:Rs 200pm
4.30 FTA+All 3 bouquets of star sony and zee: Rs.250pm

(d.)Monthly charges for TSTV channels:two options are offered
1.Rs 30pm for 30 FTA TSTV channels only
2.Rs 45pm additional charges for TSTV per bouquet of sony,star and zee

(e.)Monthly charges for VOD:
1.Rs 30pm as subscription charges+10 all time hit movies free pm
2.Other VOD contents will be divided in 5 categories as follows
category A:Rs.10
category B:Rs.20
category C:Rs.30
category D:Rs.100
and premium of movies :Rs.200

Source:A pamphlet I got with my MTNL bill.

IPTV sure looks tempting but I hope they don't mess up IPTV like they have messed up broadband.And BTW I fail to understand how IPTV is possible without decent broadband speeds?

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
MTNL Delhi has launched an extremely attractive offer for its IPTV service...

Promotional scheme for IPTV & VoIP as “Diwali Dhamaka” only for first two thousand subscribers. The details of the scheme is given below :

1. For subscribers opting IPTV

a) Registration charges - Rs. 500/-

b) Set top box life time rental - Free

c) IPTV 102 Broadcast channel for 6 months - Free

d) VoD subscription charges for 6 month - Free

e) The TSTV subscription charges for 6 months - Free

f) Refundable Security deposit of set top box for Rs. 1000/-

3. Installation and cabling free upto 5 meter thereafter chargeable @ Rs. 20/- per meter.

4. All other charges will be applicable as per existing plans.

5. Only one connection will be allowed per home.

6. The booking for this scheme will start from 24.10.2007 to 11.11.2007 or first 2000 subscribers which ever is earlier.

Source

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
harryneopotter said:
wat r its rquirements .............. and wats the internet plan for it ......... i am intrested.

You need a broadband enabled line for it...They will check the feasibility of IPTV on your line before installing....
You can have any broadband plan..
Also your internet download limit is completely independent of your IPTV usage.
They install a STB which is actually the only hardware requirement of IPTV...

ohkay ... great .......... whom should i contact for it ?

wait a sec ..... u mean i shld have mtnl braodband line beforehand to apply for it ?
Actually i dnt have MTNL landline or broadband at home ? So wat now ?

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well you will need to have MTNL Landline and 99% MTNL Broadband also(confirm that with MTNL) to be able to get IPTV...
Call 1500 to ask the details....

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
pathiks said:
^^ thats a great plan... u going for it?? @ankur

Well yaar I was too tempted to go for it but have decided to wait till mid next year...
MTNL has set a target of 80,000 IPTV customers till march 2008 and I am sure they will come out with much more such attractive options to fulfill that target..
They currently have around only 500-1000 customers...
Also by that time DTH market will stabilize with more DTH players coming into the market...
Initial reviews of MTNL IPTV have been mixed so I its bit risky to go for it..
All that said I would have gone for IPTV had they got Star Sports and ESPN in their bouquet of channels...
500 bucks for 6 months is not a big price to pay to test the latest technology that too for whole 6 months...is it:D

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Its not their choice which channels to include and which not to include..
They haven't got the rights to broadcast these channels so that is the only reason they are not included in their bouquet of channels..
But MTNL IPTV has come a long way from 25 channels to 102 channels...its only a matter of time when these two important channels will be included also....

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
[EDITED] IOL is the provider of MTNL Mumbai IPTV and Akash Optic the provider of MTNL Delhi IPTV...hence the difference I guess...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom