iPOD : QUestions and problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I just brought an ipod shuffle it get detected and get auto mounted as 1 must expect from a Media Device.. But when I open Amarok it didn't detect the ipod.. I added it manually but all in vain..
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/14060_6tsug/Ipod%20Amarok%20Error.jpg

What should I do ?

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
*help.ubuntu.com/community/IPodHowto
and try rockbox
rockbox is an open source firmware replacement for audio players from Archos, iRiver, Apple (iPod), and iAudio. See *www.rockbox.org/ to get started!
*www.rockbox.org/

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^No rockbox for shuffle AFAIK.
And @DarkStar,
try running amarok from a console and see if it posts and error messages.
AFAICR, media player's need a library to mount ipod's

EDIT:you need libgpod, for amarok to identify ipod's

Last edited:
F

FilledVoid

To DarkStar : Read this months Full Circle magazine *fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-11/ till you reach the point where there is an article about using iPod in Amarok. It involved compiling something and the use of a file called libgpod2. This might help fix your problem.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
Hey DS may be this may help

How to use Amarok to manage your iPod in Ubuntu

or try gtkpod.

gtkpod is a stand alone application for syncing Ubuntu with your iPod. On the other hand, Banshee is a good alternative if you desire iTunes like support. However, banshee does not iPod video. gtkpod does in the latest versions. Additionally, banshee may corrupt your iPod data if you have used gtkpod previously. So, be careful.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Well It was something mounting problem.. and GTK POD done the job .. Now I can transfer Music via Amarok D:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Dude, I'm thinkin of gettin a shuffle myself, how's the overall experience with it? Also, can we copy back songs using amarok/gtkpod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom