iPod owners, please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
Hi friends,
Recently I bought an iPod video and transfered a part of my music collection into it. But I found it's difficult to organize those albums in it. I want to organize my songs as -

Albums
BENGALI
Album --
Film --
HINDI
Album --
Film --
ENGLISH--
MUSIC --

So I have to creat some folders and subfolders under it's 'ALBUMS' menu; but I don't know how to do it. I downloaded it's manual from apple's site, but no information regarding this was there. Is it possible to organize songs as I described? If anyone know how to do it, please let me know it. Thanks.

NB.- You can also help me describing some other way to keep the player organized (especially yours method). Thanks again.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
hmm...thats a toughie....coz itunes organizes the tracks according to the metadata of the files and not how u arrange it. mayb the geeks can help u out. :)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
For itunes, I do it this way:

There is a field "Grouping" for songs in itunes. use this feature and you can sort by groups in itunes.

This does not work for ipod. You can create playlists based on grouping field (smart playlist).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
now if u wanna do it based on bengali ... select all ur songs chnge their genre, and then their blah blah

same wa for hindi ;)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
If you want to do this and use iTunes, then the best way is what ambandla suggested. Create playlists. Like, "English - Life" second "Bengali - NameOfAlbum"... That would be the best option IMO, cause I am using it.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You asked me this question in a private message and this is what I answered:
aryayush said:
Hello! :)
Albums are not folders and they are not supposed to be used as such.
If you want to group your Hindi and English songs together, you have to make two playlists for them and then add your songs to the playlists. :)

This is the best way. You can also set the genres accordingly but I thought you would find it difficult to go into genres and all. Plus, genres are not actually meant for this purpose.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
just create the playlists in itunes and transfer songs accordingly..or just change the genres in itunes..theres virtually nuthin u can do inside the ipod....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom