IPL - Indian Problem League???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
i cant understand how 56 days of cheerleader...color..music...a festival of cricket...could be boring..

You yourself watch and see.................... whats happening in the middle...............................................................................

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
god i cant describe how ignorant u are.....it seems all gave up on u..heheheh

until others come me too out..its like talking to a goat....always wondered wat tht be like...now i know...

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
ok..... genius 'MAD'JERI... you are most welcome.......
The caption I have put actually came in Headlines Today........and they are IGNORANT TOO........
Some great journalists like Makarand Waingankar and sports men like Arjuna Rantunga who have spoken negatively on IPL and BCCI organization are also ignorant........
And all hail 'Mad'jeri who is filled with all the knowledge in this world
Unfortunately this 'MAD'JERI does not know only to respect others' views.........LOL!!!!

who are we to care for cricket? why should we care for cricket? isnt the BCCI for that?

Yes..... you are right Moshel...........
The BCCI should care for Cricket in India and unfortunately they are not doing it...... Thats my anguish...

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@damn...

thnk you man..its ok for someone from ur position to applaud someone from my posture..;)

btw..the two ppl that u quoted are just like u in medai and sports world..just looking to get into headlines...and luckily with ppl like u they are all set...

LOL...kiddo get a life...yeas i am a genius....

and i dont think ranatunga got the mettle to play in any sports i think he should stay shut in his mansion..thats it...

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
See.............you ppl say its the greatest form of cricket.
Ya.......its nice to watch, I agree....
But look....... the BCCI is overdoing it... to the extent of making it boring.
20 or 25 matches would be great, but see... 56 matches - who will watch them all.

I dont know how the fever has catched up in other areas, but in Chennai the ticket sales is pretty low even for the first match (Inspite of the so called Chennai team doing well in their first match). The tickets would have got over before a few days itself in Chennai, had it been an one day match. See, how the most entertainig form of cricket has lost charm among fanatic people.

This is what my point is... The idea of T20, IPL may be good... But definitely the IPL is overdone to the point of making it boring...

I didnt agree with your first post of this thread and still i dont agree with whatever you said that T20 will be a threat to test cricket.And its not cities vs cities in IPL.If you have watched any IPL matches it is city vs city.Yesterday in hyderabaad no body was applauding Sehwag's 50 just becoz he scored against their home team Hyderabaad.
In a match against Rajasthan Royals Sreesanth was saying some trash words to Kamran Akmal(Rajasthan Royals player) and crowd was booing against Sreesanth.How often do you see these things?

But i agree with this post of yours.Thats its too much cricket.59 matches in 44 days is too much.And already tickets sale in Mohali is low.And i dont think this will help indian domestic cricket.How can a T20 competition help build a test match or a ODI player?BCCI is full of jokers everyone knows that.All this development of domestic cricket etc etc is just plain BS.They are doing it just to compete with ICL.Where were they before ICL came?What were they doing for indian domestic cricket before ICL came?

I didnt like auction of players which BCCI did.

Halwai ki dukaan ke aage koi dusra halwai dukaan khoelga toh tension toh hogi hi.:p

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@gaurav....u wrong there buddy....

Yeas ICL is the sole reason why IPL came but ICL was made to develop domestic cricket so in a sense IPL also does wat its meant to be done..lots of local players are getting to play in a REAL team..they are also getting medai attention...fame..advertisements..its a big thing....

As all only a few gain...and we are not in it...

and abt auction..if not this..do u think the players will play for charity????
its a profession for them....

yeas they are sayin Shity arguments..but tht doesnt mean they are wrong are they???

and yeas all the new things we are seeing are signs of it...

just one thing for all...
@....

"Progress is a slow process the hell were they not talking abt IPL"

;)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i disagree....ipl is still new and will take some time for peaple to catch up..chennai..for that matter..doesnt have many local stars there..most of them have been bought by the other teams..as a result the craze is a little low..take for example kolkata..so big is the craze for DADA that one request from him was enough to fill the whole stadium to the brim...

mumbai had an awresum reception and even delhi..the match against kolkata at chennai will be a sellout..it depends on the quality of matches...now that chennai has gained momentum,it will surely earn more fans..

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
Thats its too much cricket.59 matches in 44 days is too much.And already tickets sale in Mohali is low.And i dont think this will help indian domestic cricket.How can a T20 competition help build a test match or a ODI player?BCCI is full of jokers everyone knows that.All this development of domestic cricket etc etc is just plain BS.They are doing it just to compete with ICL.Where were they before ICL came?What were they doing for indian domestic cricket before ICL came?
I didnt like auction of players which BCCI did.

This is what i actually intended to tell.... Sorry if I had potrayed something else in my first post....
And regarding the concept of City Vs City, I feel that the concept would have been more meaningful had they restricted the local players to play for their city.......
Think what Dinesh Karthick's family would cheer for if Chennai and Delhi clashes!!!

Icl sucked. I never watched even one match completely of icl. Ipl has done it in more pro way with more pro players. its fun to watch two australians playing against each other. Guess what will happen when they all return back home "ponting will say ,abey tune ball bahut swing karayi ,main 0 pe out ho gaya. Tereko main australian team se do mahine ki chutti kara dunga". :D
ICL was the one whick actually started on the idea of league in Cricket.......... I also know that IPL is a hit than ICL........
This is what I feel is wrong.... We dont give people the credit they deserve....... (Kapil and other ICL fellows thrown out by BCCI)...
Why is BCCI banning players joining ICL from... So this means great cricketers playing for ICL will never play for India......!!!!!!!!!! Where is the right to equality?????

t20 is an awesome format.. and follows greatly with the 4hour-1meal-2drinks type of sports. It is entertaining and fast paced, something i really miss in Test Matches and has run rates way over 6, which i miss in ODIs. This also gives us a chance to discover new talent.

The only thing i don't like is the cheerleaders.. i mean.. they just aren't necessary. I don't wanna watch half-naked, anorexic, slutty chicks dancing. If i want to.. i can watch full-naked anorexic slutty chicks dancing. IPL should seriously stop this.

True........ When a country hosts an intenational tournament, they authorities should potray that country's culture.
So, during the inaguration of T20, there could have been Catnatic Musicians performing and barathanatiyam dancers doing their part......
Instead we had all the western influence showcased........ BCCI perhaps wanted to control only cricket in India!

Last edited:

rohan

In the zone
what I don't understand about damnthenet is that he finds the 56 4 hour matches boring.. but is ready to watch the slower, 35 day Test Matches [best of 7 series] out of which each lasts for almost 2.5 days [half a day everyday].

and what do u mean by "BCCI perhaps wanted to control only cricket in India!". that is their job. and seriously.. 'barathanatiyam dancers'??? that makes me go LMAO. I don't have a problem with the cheerleaders because of our 'tradition' and 'culture' per se.. our conformance to these norms is too fundamentalistic. I simply think it's not necessary...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@amd....

dude welcome back..took a fall..take it eassy.. ;)

btw....u favour to this idiot... or /....

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
nah i completely support ipl..if we can support epl i dont think ipl is doing us any harm...we support such concepts from different countries..but when the axe is on us..we roll back...this attitude sucks big time...

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
what I don't understand about damnthenet is that he finds the 56 4 hour matches boring.. but is ready to watch the slower, 35 day Test Matches [best of 7 series] out of which each lasts for almost 2.5 days [half a day everyday].

Everyone has their own choice and you cant change that.People in England like test matches than ODI's.

rohan

In the zone
Everyone has their own choice and you cant change that.People in England like test matches than ODI's.

i wasn't at all commenting on personal choice. what i was commenting on was that he was bored by the 'length' of the T20 matches.. and favoured Test matches instead...

rohan

In the zone
the Mumbai v/s Chennai match just ended.. it was an EPIC FAIL on part of the Mumbai team. I know.. he was a tailender.. i know there was a lot of pressure.. but a fan isn't open to reasons.. :(

Dipen01

Youngling
Most of the above posts were flaming so i havent read them..

But i feel as usual there are pros and cons..

Well IPL is highly glamorous, entertaining and produces many thrilling matches.. But in the larger perspective its killing the real game of cricket which is not ODI but Test-Cricket. Killing in the sense its not as if Test Cricket wont be played anymore. People are losing interests in Test Cricket and majority of them have lost in ODI's too..

Well some might say that due to the same reason 20-20 is started but now it will get worse...

Anyways me being die hard cricket fan, i still prefer a morning session of Ashes @Lords over any IPL.. Yeah they dont hit so many sixes and fours.. agreed wickets fall slowly but all this ohh and ahhs.. misses..appeals... inswings.. outswings.. killer bouncer.. awesome coverdrives.. Do we see that so much in 20-20.. Its all about mindless hitting.. Well actually thats the only way as this format demands it..

But the former version is a delight.. I still have highlights of Ashes 05 in HD and it was some of the best cricket ever played..

Well commercially IPL is huge success plus for a common man who doesnt want to get in deeper aspects of the game, this it the game to watch..

Nevermind.. as they say 'Change is inevitable' ;)

Edit :- I'll add one more thing. It's sad that there is being Your State and My state type of supporting going on.. We must support good cricket here. The other day there was comment by Dravid - "I was suprised at the pin drop silence from the crowd after hitting boundary, As in India it has never happened with us, seems like we will have to get used to this"

Same case happened with Sehwag yesterday when after his 50.. When he raised his bat, no-one applauded, cheered him.. I mean cmon that was one hell of a knock..

I hope this IPL doesnt seperate the country cricket fans on the basis of the region..

Last edited:

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
Edit :- I'll add one more thing. It's sad that there is being Your State and My state type of supporting going on.. We must support good cricket here. The other day there was comment by Dravid - "I was suprised at the pin drop silence from the crowd after hitting boundary, As in India it has never happened with us, seems like we will have to get used to this"

Same case happened with Sehwag yesterday when after his 50.. When he raised his bat, no-one applauded, cheered him.. I mean cmon that was one hell of a knock..

I hope this IPL doesnt seperate the country cricket fans on the basis of the region..

agreed, in the end its just a means of entertainment.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
if states get regionalized due to the effect of a game..i dont think we can blame the game more than we should blame ourselves..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I dont know how the fever has catched up in other areas, but in Chennai the ticket sales is pretty low even for the first match (Inspite of the so called Chennai team doing well in their first match). The tickets would have got over before a few days itself in Chennai, had it been an one day match. See, how the most entertainig form of cricket has lost charm among fanatic people.

This is what my point is... The idea of T20, IPL may be good... But definitely the IPL is overdone to the point of making it boring...

Chennai vs Mumbai had a packed stadium. Right?

Who will sit in empty stadiums and watch test cricket for 5 days morning to night. I always wanted to see soccer/F1 style short formats. Sports like Soccer and NBA are famous because they are extremely fast and you just can't turn your head away from the match. That's what T20 is doing to cricket.

Who said that Test cricket will die? Lot of people thought of the same when ODI's were introduced but look at where it is. It's didn't kill test cricket.

Please stop saying these 1900's words saying that test cricket is the only form of game.

Look at how every sport is evolving and why should cricket stick to it's 150yr old format. T20 will definitely take cricket to whole new level and this will certainly get many more countried to join the bandwagon.

You are thinking that this club style cricket is bad for game. But do you know that ICC is already planning UEFA champions league style tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom