IPL - Indian Problem League???

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnthenet

Journeyman
The IPL has started............ and seems to be not worth the salt. Look what one placard in the very first match said........"I am here to watch the girls dancing".
It is not good for Cricket as TEST cricket is what is goin to test cricketing skills........
It is not any real kind of competion b/w the cities as potrayed by BCCI.....(Dinesh karthick is not playing for Chennai.......so is Bajji for Punjab and they are not alone...)
So is IPL only to fetch money for the Rich BCCI??????

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
have u heard of things like NBA or English or Spanish premier Leagu..the Liga....or NFL.... or anythings like that..A player doesnt need to be from a city to play in any team....

yeas if i have money even i can host a team....so yeas u r rich it will help...

this is the most absurd thing fro fight everyone knows IPL is a abt Glamour+glitz+Sports....deal with it...

If not watch ODI..TEST..or ICL......

Happy????? ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@thread starters: ur fundamentals of IPL and basis of comparisons are totally wrong.

1. u cannot compare IPL and Test cricket, yes u can compare Ranji and IPL, becasue they are 2 tournaments, where as test cricket is a format and IPL is a tournament

2. IPL was started as a competition to ICL and if u forgot that ICL got quite a lot of media attention and BCCI had to get the lost sponsors and viewers back, how do u do that by starting a competition with a lot of promotion and add glamor to it. if u want test cricket please go watch ranji matches sit for 3 whole days and wait for the match to end in a draw :)

3. a lot of people say that IPL is all glamor no cricket blah blah blue sheep, we all know the kind of viewership that ranji trophy gets ;) also when ur starting something like a competition to compete with some 1 (ICL) u need to hype and publicise it.

4. the concept of T20 was started to entertain people because test is boring and one day too became routine and boring, when 1 days started every1 said that it will be harmful to the game blah blah and well lets just say one days have outperformed test, the same kind of stupid lame comments are said about T20 inspite the fact that after a boring world cup, the T20 world cup was more fun exciting exhilarating and fresh to watch

and ur statement that bhajji plays for bombay so its not state competition let me tell u about a game called football, in football they have a club format where players are sold and bought and they play for the club that buys them wayne rooney was born in liverpool, he debuted with everton and now plays for man u, the EPL and alike is what the IPL is based on.

so get ur fundamentals of IPL and basis of comparisons right :)

prem4u

Old is Gold
it is match b/w clubs....clubs buy and sell players...
Match is b/w clubs for honour ....
and money game ....

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
Yes........... players r ready to leave international cricket for this IPL.............. It is not good for international cricket, I mean.

And my anguish is against BCCI............. they will do whatever they want to make money.........But others (ICL) should sit and watch...lol. they sh'd not do anything.
They will cease pensions for their only world cup winning captain (Kapil).
And look what this IPL is doing to DOMESTIC CRICKET!!!!!!!!

I bet............ 56 matches will be boring in T20 too......... Lets see what happens in the middle......
The ticket sales is at low now itself...

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
Man ,this form of cricket is for entertainment .20-20 can make cricket popular in countries which doesn't even come in international arena .

Its all about money honey :D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@DAMNTHENET.....

damn men..u ignorant.....wat u say is totally wrong...IPL is a shobiz style of cricket..and it wont clash with any international tourneys...get ur facts staright....

DOMESTIC Cricket..how many ranji matches u watch live???how many local city cups u saw????

IPL IS BOOMIN DOmestic cricket..state players are given a chance to show their mettle..

in this thread u the only one....learn from it...

BCCI ICC FIFA FIA NASCAR WRC...all Here to make money....none for social service...

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
They will cease pensions for their only world cup winning captain (Kapil).
And look what this IPL is doing to DOMESTIC CRICKET!!!!!!!!
bos ur facts are wrong man there is no point arguing with some 1 who is incorrect on facts and makes ridiculous statements :)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
..................LOL.....then again...LOL..........

fight...this is like taking candy from a kid....

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The IPL has started............ and seems to be not worth the salt. Look what one placard in the very first match said........"I am here to watch the girls dancing".
It is not good for Cricket as TEST cricket is what is goin to test cricketing skills........
It is not any real kind of competion b/w the cities as potrayed by BCCI.....(Dinesh karthick is not playing for Chennai.......so is Bajji for Punjab and they are not alone...)
So is IPL only to fetch money for the Rich BCCI??????

Only you have problem.We are enjoying it.Better than those saas bahu serials.:lol:

moshel

Padawan
who are we to care for cricket? why should we care for cricket? isnt the BCCI for that?

cricket, be it test, one day or T20 is for entertainment, with changing times people dont watch test match too much as it goes on and on for 5 days, now even one days are like "too much time spent" thing (u need to take a day off from work if u wish to see the match) as a whole day is spent. compare that to T20, just 4 hours, and we have the result. i come home from work by about 7:45 PM. and @ 8 PM the IPL match start, isnt that just great!

cricket is not dying by T20, its just that T20 is making cricket more popular.

u knw IPL is win win win win situation for all.

BCCI: all the mooooooolah
Senior players: the moooolah
Junior players: the mooolah+a chance to play alongside senior players (just remember from that day, an indian not so known player took a wicket and ricky ponting came running and gave him a hug (even the commentators commented on that).
SET max: advertising -> the mooolah
advertisers: more viewership -> more sales -> more moooolah
ppl who bought these teams: Lighter pockets + chances of lot of moolah to be earned in future.
public: full-to EnTeRtAInMeNt!!!!! + empty pockets :D

CRICKET???? more exposure in countries where cricket is not so famous.

so who lost?

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
Icl sucked. I never watched even one match completely of icl. Ipl has done it in more pro way with more pro players. its fun to watch two australians playing against each other. Guess what will happen when they all return back home "ponting will say ,abey tune ball bahut swing karayi ,main 0 pe out ho gaya. Tereko main australian team se do mahine ki chutti kara dunga". :D

rohan

In the zone
t20 is an awesome format.. and follows greatly with the 4hour-1meal-2drinks type of sports. It is entertaining and fast paced, something i really miss in Test Matches and has run rates way over 6, which i miss in ODIs. This also gives us a chance to discover new talent.

The only thing i don't like is the cheerleaders.. i mean.. they just aren't necessary. I don't wanna watch half-naked, anorexic, slutty chicks dancing. If i want to.. i can watch full-naked anorexic slutty chicks dancing. IPL should seriously stop this.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
i dont understand what the problem really is?

anyway, i enjoy watching test cricket, but t20 is good too.
and ipl seems to have brought the best [read big-hitting] out of many players ....

and yes IPL = Indian Paisa League !!!

If i want to.. i can watch full-naked anorexic slutty chicks dancing.
:D:D:D

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
Everything had to start somewhere. Some people are just naive to adapt to change and others less susceptible.

Don't worry, @Madjeri, they will get there eventually!! :) I accept what you had to say.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@sAM......

its just time...leagues are just the next step of sporting...every sports have to eveolve....basketball,soccer,baseball,rugby,football...etc became so popular because of things like this...

@EVERYONE HERE.....

In Prem leagues like this...you could even see a friend of yours playing..who knows....

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
See.............you ppl say its the greatest form of cricket.
Ya.......its nice to watch, I agree....
But look....... the BCCI is overdoing it... to the extent of making it boring.
20 or 25 matches would be great, but see... 56 matches - who will watch them all.

I dont know how the fever has catched up in other areas, but in Chennai the ticket sales is pretty low even for the first match (Inspite of the so called Chennai team doing well in their first match). The tickets would have got over before a few days itself in Chennai, had it been an one day match. See, how the most entertainig form of cricket has lost charm among fanatic people.

This is what my point is... The idea of T20, IPL may be good... But definitely the IPL is overdone to the point of making it boring...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
:yawn:..... u on weed?????

you have extended everything upto a point tht you become boring to all of the posters in this thread...

anyways u r ignorant u proved that....

i cant understand how 56 days of cheerleader...color..music...a festival of cricket...could be boring..you should see more TV and get out of home once in a while...i personally couldnt go to any matches upto now...coz i am nt in india now..but when i come back..definitely i be cheering for knight riders...my team...very soon...

whatever may be u need to chk urself again....and yes again U R BORING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom