Iphone 4s or Samsung Galaxy s2

yusuf.goriawala

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys, this is Yusuf here.
I am a little confused and I need you to help me out. I am thinking of buying Iphone 4s but a friend of mine suggested me Samsung Galaxy S2. I know Iphone doesnt support Bluetooth. Please help me out here as I dont want to regret my decision and I know whatever you guys will suggest will be the best choice.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
iPhone 4s has bluetooth :p what it doesn't support is transfer files over it. It really comes down to the money you can spend. Fill this so we get to know what you are looking for :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

OP
Y

yusuf.goriawala

Bluetooth as in yeah, transfer of files aint possible. Budget is not an issue and I am kinda familiar with iphone but galaxy is what i have never experienced. So, my question is what should i go for ?? I need Camera around 8MP, so i thought of iphone. Apps should be good, graphics should be rich, and also my experience too :)

OP
Y

yusuf.goriawala

I know it has got bluetooth but isnt good for file sharing. And budget is not an issue. I need a phone around 8MP camera so i thought of Iphone. Plus i need good user experience and rich graphics. I have had some experience with my friends iphone but never with galaxy. Apps and Camera and Graphics and User Experience are the main factors to consider. Ty

TheLetterD

Will Power
I suggest you to wait for release of the following phones:
HTC ONE X
Sony Xperia S
LG Optimus 4X
Samsung Galaxy S3

If your budget is 30K+ then you should at all costs avoid the S2
Expect a steep price drop within one month Just like HTC Sensation went down from 29K to 24K
This is because S2, Sensation, Optimus 3D, HTC EVO 3D are all previous generation flagship models.
The phones I listed in bold are the new generation flagship phones.

*Flagship Phones= The best(and also the most expensive) phone offered by a manufacturer.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you wanna make the purchase now then the 2 best options you have are:
Samsung Note
HTC Sensation XE

Otherwise if you can wait for sometime then soon HTC One X is gonna come and that is gonna be the most amazing phone till date...

red dragon

Master troll
iPhone 4s has bluetooth :p what it doesn't support is transfer files over it. It really comes down to the money you can spend. Fill this so we get to know what you are looking for :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html
Are you sure filling up the questionnaire will yield better response?
Most people will suggest GS2,probably more than 90%of those have not even seen the 4s yet...let alone use it.
Just look at the youtube video some smart guy has posted....this is the sort of response comes from people who have no first hand knowledge.

@o.p,
If you do not mind the 3.5 inch screen and the insane price tag,4s is a much better option.
I am using a GS2 for bout 6-7 months,it is a really great Android phone but 4s simply belongs to a different league altogether.
I have absolutely ZERO interest in comparing the HW,they are not desktops and you can not install o.s of your choice.
I am not an app junkie,but due to my profession tend to look into medical apps...and in this category Android market is only couple of lightyears behind Appstore and will surely catch up in next 500 years:wink:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
red dragon said:
Are you sure filling up the
questionnaire will yield better
response?
Most people will suggest GS2,probably
more than 90%of those have not even
seen the 4s yet...let alone use it. Just look at the youtube video some
smart guy has posted....this is the sort
of response comes from people who
have no first hand knowledge.
well you know. I actually wanted to find out what is the maximum budget of the OP. If he has the pockets there is no reason why he shouldnt go for the new iPhone 4s.

@OP budget is not a issue? Get the 4s :|

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
well you know. I actually wanted to find out what is the maximum budget of the OP. If he has the pockets there is no reason why he shouldnt go for the new iPhone 4s.

@OP budget is not a issue? Get the 4s :|

4s will be good.But theres another problem(I dont know if all iphones have this problem).
My Friend has a 4s,To speak in the phone,He needs to speak/hear in loudspeaker,Or else he cant speak.

digitaltab

In the zone
4s will be good.But theres another problem(I dont know if all iphones have this problem).
My Friend has a 4s,To speak in the phone,He needs to speak/hear in loudspeaker,Or else he cant speak.

lol!!
like they do in cheap nokia phones...:lol:

my suggestion: iphone 4s,
don't know whether its better than galaxy s2 or not but damn sure that it is most BHOKALI PHONE than any other brand and model in the world!!!

[note: BHOKALI means a position and status especially and exclusively made to show off, and which is unbeatable in reputation and fame... ]

amjath

Human Spambot
Dont go for Galaxy Note software is buggy but the android 4.0 update is in Q2 with more addition for S pen, so if u can wait u can opt for Note.

S2 no words to say "Smartphone of the year 2011"

Battery life for S2 is impreoved with Android 4.0 which they start rolling it

S2 over iphone
USB on the GO [I use the most]
Vibrant Super AMOLED plus display
Abode flash [old comparison but flash is still alive]
MicroSD card slot
Home screen customization [we come from NOKIA changing themes everyday] but apple is just app drawer.

Louder speaker [best in android smartphone market]

U can go for HTC Sensation XL it looks like a monster compared to S2 [I personally saw it]

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I think SGS2 has its own merit & should not be recommended just because it is available at an affordable price. Don't get me wrong 4S is a great phone but SGS2 is better in every parameter (may be except the back-cover).

However if coolness is what you'd like to flaunt then the above para is NULL and void.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
serpent16 said:
Wrong. AFAIK the loudspeaker of the iPhone is near the USB cable connector which is the place the mic is located. But in normal calling the speaker is where the ear meets the screen.
Your friend didnt know this probably :wink:

sarthak

In the zone
I suggest you to wait for release of the following phones:
HTC ONE X
Sony Xperia S
LG Optimus 4X
Samsung Galaxy S3

If your budget is 30K+ then you should at all costs avoid the S2
Expect a steep price drop within one month Just like HTC Sensation went down from 29K to 24K
This is because S2, Sensation, Optimus 3D, HTC EVO 3D are all previous generation flagship models.
The phones I listed in bold are the new generation flagship phones.

*Flagship Phones= The best(and also the most expensive) phone offered by a manufacturer.

I also suggest the same. If possible wait for those phones. If you can't wait go for Note or Sensation XE. And if you can do with crippled bluetooth then go for the iPhone.

amjath

Human Spambot
People say S2 is so plastic. New Ipad has metal back so it heats like hell that plastic. Think!!! [S2 also gives out heat but wont harm u handling]

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Wrong. AFAIK the loudspeaker of the iPhone is near the USB cable connector which is the place the mic is located. But in normal calling the speaker is where the ear meets the screen.
Your friend didnt know this probably :wink:

No no..He told me,That he has to use his ear phone..and stuff.
But hes a no one lier.Like he said burj Khalifa Tilts :-D

Top Bottom