iPhone 4 not working

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
suddenly my iphone 4 has stopped working. nothing is showing upon pressing any button. tried charging with its adapter but nothing is displaying or creating any sound......the strange thing is those who are calling my number are getting usual ring bells but nothing is showing or ringing here.....
phone was working just moments ago....note that there hasn't been any sort of misuse of the phone , no water spilled or phone dropped , nothing of the sort...im shocked at this event

ashs1

Padawan
Did you try resetting the phone ?

To reset iphone,
hold the lock button and the Home button at the same time.
Hold them both until you see the screen go black. In some cases, you may need to keep holding them even after the red power-off slider appears. If it appears, just keep holding it.
Wait until the silver Apple logo appears.
When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well none of the electronics are reliable. Sudden hangs/freezes happen all the time with all devices. However if it's happening way too much then consider getting it checked out at a service centre.

Even my iPad froze once when exiting an app, nothing was working. Then I connected it to my PC and it restarted and everything was normal again.

ashs1

Padawan
it shouldn't happen very often..
My iphone once got stuck at lockscreen & the touch suddenly stopped responding.
I tried the reset trick which worked fine.. This has happened to me only once since i got the iphone4 about 3 years ago..

zd4782

New to this forum
suddenly my iphone 4 has stopped working. nothing is showing upon pressing any button. tried charging with its adapter but nothing is displaying or creating any sound......the strange thing is those who are calling my number are getting usual ring bells but nothing is showing or ringing here.....
phone was working just moments ago....note that there hasn't been any sort of misuse of the phone , no water spilled or phone dropped , nothing of the sort...im shocked at this event
Hi
There are few things you can do. Firstly you hold down on the on button (the one at the top) for 10 Seconds, then you hold on to the hold button (the one at the bottom) for 30 seconds, with out letting go of the top 1, then after 30 seconds you let go of the top 1 and keep holding on the menu one for 5 more seconds. then you can plug it into your computer, restore and everthing shoul be back to normal.

raksrules

Youngling
It is so surprising that one such incident made you believe the phone is not reliable. Probably million of people who are using iPhones will disagree.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
It is so surprising that one such incident made you believe the phone is not reliable. Probably million of people who are using iPhones will disagree.

What if I'm in some emergency and I have to call someone immediately & I am nowhere near anybody ...or what if I have to take a decision immediately on the phone

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
No phone behaved like that ever : "bell ringing to the person calling & no clue to the called person unless he takes his phone out & finds the phone has blacked out."

Top Bottom