iphone 3g or N73 simple or N73 ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
hi friends, i have heard of iphone's arrival to india in next months and heard about its price b/w 9-10k( $199 on apple site)..this is tempting:):):cool:

before i was considering n73 as final destination. Plz explain abt this ..
i can probably buy my smart phone with in 2 months

should i go 4 simple n73(no 3g)+creative earphone ep630+ etc or N73 ME..or Iphone............................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::!::!:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Samsung i450
SE w760i
Motorokr E8

These are three new extremely sylish phones.

BTW, iphone 3G's base price is $199. That may not be the same in India. Moreover, there is a heavy rental and a 2yr minimum lock on the carrier. Which means that if you take the phone at Airtel outlet, you have to stick to Airtel and pay heavy rentals due to subsidised phone price

Pat

Beyond Smart
I would suggest you to play the waiting game. iphone will most probably be launched this month in India. If you find the price/plans/schemes economical, then go for it, else think about other alternatives.

t3chg33k

Broken In
You can stay updated here
*www.apple.com/iphone/countries/
but don't expect it to be here in the immediate future, might take a few months but then who knows?

Anyway if you check the US site, you will find the following mentioned in fine print
Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.

So as desiibond has mentioned expect it to be sold at around 10-11k only to those who sign a 2-year bond which shall include a heavy rental plan.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
what will be the price actually be when it will be realeased in India?

it will beatwin 18k to 25k for 8GB.
well just wait & watch its performance before you buy dis eyephone ggg.

anyway eyephone ggg will beat n73 me on spot, even n73 me willn't have a chance to drink water after eyephone ggg beats badly.:D

moshel

Padawan
vodafone has started pre-registering for the iphone.. check it out here

if the iphone will cost 18k!! i most probably wont buy it, better go for HTC in that case.
anyways i pre-registered mine. so u guys who wanna own it also do it, u will get price and features when its available.

also on apple's site it mentions that in india it is "coming soon"....its not there on the july 11 release.

goobimama

 Macboy
The iPhone is going to come with a contract, so its not going to be just 8k after all. It might come unlocked at 23-24k but I highly doubt it.

t3chg33k

Broken In
Vodafone and Airtel have admitted that there will be no subsidising of this handset in India due to the low call rates and low data usage over here. Since AT&T is subsidising $300 per handset, expect the iPhone to cost a min. of $499 or 21k in India for the 8GB model, unless of course Apple decides to slash prices in developing countries.

Pat

Beyond Smart
When did they admit that there would be no subsidisation ? Btw, its $200 and not $300. However, I too think that its going to cost 20k + in India.

t3chg33k

Broken In
It came in the TOI 2 days back. Presented the facts as it was mentioned in that article.
Though it also mentioned that it costs Apple just $173 to make the phone, they are not willing to let go of the profits, at least not in the US.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
In case you're interested, the iPhone is going to be launched in India in September by Airtel and Vodafone.

No one knows what the price will be. Let no one tell you any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom