iPhone 3G: everything you ever wanted to know (but were afraid to ask)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
iPhone 3G will be available in the U.S.A. starting *July* 11th (and probably in India as well). You can’t just buy it for $199 and walk out of the store. You need to sign up for a contract and activate it there itself. So if your friend buys it for you and sends it, he’s going to have to keep paying AT&T $70/month for two years and that too without getting to use the phone. I’m not sure how good your friendship is but asking someone to do that is bound to stretch the limits of even the best of friendships. :p
Pretty true!!.......:D At the end of the day, Apple products will remain expensive.....:cool:

I mean to say that Airtel/Vodafone are also going to impose such monthly rentals for using the iPhone...

You can never eat Apple, Apple will always eat your money.....;)

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
Slightly off-topic:

My friend wants to sell of his old iPhone.

Any idea what is the current rate at which he can sell it in Mumbai? And which place would he get the best rate to sell it off? Heera Panna?

v_joy

Journeyman
iphone 3G will definitely be priced around Rs 8000/-
coz steve said in the presentation:
"The price is a maximum of $199 all around the world -- we're really, really excited about the new iPhone 3G. And as you might expect, we have a new ad! I'd love to show it to you."
(source: *www.engadget.com/2008/06/09/steve-jobs-keynote-live-from-wwdc-2008
its mentioned under 11:38AM PT post...)

:)

Pathik

Google Bot
^ We know that already. But what if you have to compulsorily take a 2 yearly contract of Rs. 15k with it.?

praka123

left this forum longback
pretty bad thing. :( binding with one cellular provider :x .RIP iphone/blackberries.

hail SE and nokia :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Slightly off-topic:

My friend wants to sell of his old iPhone.

Any idea what is the current rate at which he can sell it in Mumbai? And which place would he get the best rate to sell it off? Heera Panna?
It’s probably not wise to sell it right now. I would wait for iPhone 3G to be released in India if I were you. If it comes locked to a contract with no option to escape it, your old iPhone might just become more valuable than it is today.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think there will be multiple plans from Airtel/Vodafone.

1) Phone price at 8k and rental at Rs.1k to 1.5k with unlimited data access (there are people like me using EDGE at a monthly cost of 600 rupees per month)
2) Phone price at 10k-15k and rental at Rs.300-Rs.500 per month (extra charges for data usage)
3) Phone price at 17k and rental at Rs.200-Rs.300 per month (extra charges for data usage)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well i will only buy a iphone to impress someone

feature wise it is crap

and for that 25k amount (contract + phone) i can buy a phone which will beat iphone from left and right.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hehe. 90% of current iphone users bought iphone only to show that they have iphone and not because of it's features :)

The other 10% don't know that there is something like video caputre, bluetooth streaming etc in the world. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
And 76% of all statistics in this world are made up (yours quite obviously so).

Oh, and people buy stuff to show off all the time, in all niches of life and spheres of society. There’s nothing wrong with it.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
hehe. 90% of current iphone users bought iphone only to show that they have iphone and not because of it's features :)

The other 10% don't know that there is something like video caputre, bluetooth streaming etc in the world. :)

Oh, and people buy stuff to show off all the time, in all niches of life and spheres of society. There’s nothing wrong with it.

accepted that iphone is for show off :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom