IP adress

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I think you can't change your IP address, i can just hide it or use proxies to show false IP address.

abhinav

Journeyman
you can use IP locator 2005 prof

also u can use artera turbo.

It uses its own IP address!

SO no one can get ur orig IP!

Biplav

In the zone
got this from a site. not my own.

for cable modems.

Method 1

Step 1: Release Your IP

a. Press Start>Run
b. Type in either 'command' or 'cmd' (for XP), without the quotes
c. In DOS Prompt type in 'ipconfig /release' without the quotes
d. keep DOS open for later use (explained later)

Step 2: Lose Connection with your DHCP Server

a. Right click on your 'My Network Places' or 'Network Neighborhood' (located on your desktop) And select Properties
b. Select your Cable modem or NIC, Right click on it and select properties
c. In the General tab, select Internet Protocole (TCP/IP) and hit properties
d. Select 'Use the fallowing IP address' And type in a random IP
e. Type in a random 'Subnet Mask'
f. Apply New Settings

Step 3: Reastablish Connection with your DHCP Server

a. Right click on your Cable modem or NIC and select properties
b. In the General tab select 'Obtain an IP address automatically'
c. Select 'Obtain DNS Server address automatically'
d. Apply your settings and exit out of Cable modem's or NIC's Properties

Step 4: Getting New IP Address

a. Go to your DOS Prompt, if you closed it, go to step 1
b. Type in 'ipconfig /renew' into DOS Prompt (without quotes)
c. Enjoy your new IP

about:

Basically what this does is disconnects your DHCP server and you lose your IP. But by setting obtain your IP
automatically again, it reconnects with the DHCP server. Then when you renew your IP in DOS it assigns you
with a new IP. This turorial is based on Windows XP graphical user interface (GUI).And has only been tested
on cable modems. There is a possible chance that it will work with DSL. Use at your own risk.

Method 2

1. Getting your IP range - Getting information about your ip range is not difficult, I recomend using Neo Trace on
your own ip. But for our test just look at your ip address, say it's 24.193.110.13 you can definetly use the ip's
found between 24.193.110.1 [new ip] 24.193.110.255, dont use x.x.x.1 or x.x.x.255. To find your ip simply open a
dos/command prompt window and type ipconfig at the prompt, look for "IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : x.x.x.x".

2. Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DHCP Server - These are very easy to find, just open a dos/command prompt window
and type 'ipconfig /all' without the ' '. You should see something like this:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : My Computer Name Here
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.xx.x
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR FA310TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (NGRPCI)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.xxx.xxx.xx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.xxx.xxx.x
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.xx.xxx.xx
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.xx.xxx.xxx
24.xx.xxx.xx
24.xx.xxx.xxx
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 20, 2003 4:44:08 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 21, 2003 3:43:16 AM

This is all the information you will need for now, I sugest you either keep your dos/command prompt window open or
copy & paste the information somewhere, to copy right click the window and select text and click once.

III. Changing your IP Address
To change your ip address first pick any ip you like out of your ip range and remember it or write it down. It is usualy
a good idea to make sure the ip is dead (except for what we are going to do later on) so just ping it via "ping x.x.x.x"
and if it times out then you can use it. Now go to My Computer, then Control Panel. In Control Panel select
Network Connections and pick your active connection, probably Local Area Connection or your ISP name. Open that
Connection by double clicking on the icon in Network Connections, then select Properties under the General Tab. In the
new window that pops up select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click properties, it's under the general tab. In this new
window select the General tab and choose "Use the following IP address" and for the IP address enter the ip you would
like to use (the one you picked from your subnet earlier) and for the Subnet Mask enter the subnet mask you got when
your ran ipconfig /all, same goes for the Default Gateway. Now select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter
the information you got earlier. Now just click OK. Test that it worked, try to refresh a website and if it works you
know everything is okay and you are connected. To make sure the change worked type ipconfig agein and the ip address
should have changed to your new one.

[Edited Batty]Do mention the Source to credit the original author ...

anomit

In the zone
biplav said:
It is usualy
a good idea to make sure the ip is dead (except for what we are going to do later on) so just ping it via "ping x.x.x.x"
and if it times out then you can use it

Well, well that was quite an exhaustive tutorial. But you missed out something here.

You must be aware of this fact that now-a-days nobody goes online without a firewall except a stupid person or a new user. Now firewalls currently available are smart enough to filter out ping and tracert attempts and creates a artificial condition for time out.

Take this example. Its from a security tutorial.
Code:
C:\windows>tracert target.com
Tracing route to target.com [207.x.197.100] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 140 ms 126 ms 128 ms 203.94.246.35
2 137 ms 125 ms 138 ms 203.94.246.1
3 125 ms 136 ms 169 ms 203.94.255.33
4 137 ms 139 ms 130 ms 203.200.64.149
5 138 ms 119 ms 130 ms 203.200.87.15
6 168 ms 157 ms 161 ms vsb-delhi-stm1.Bbone.vsnl.net.in [202.54.2.241]
7 345 ms 377 ms 359 ms if-4-0.bb7.NewYork.Teleglobe.net [209.58.17.5]
8 351 ms * 407 ms if-3-2.core2.NewYork.Teleglobe.net [207.45.220.09]
9 445 ms 450 ms 425 ms if-8-0.core1.Seattle.Teleglobe.net [64.86.83.1]
10 432 ms 436 ms 437 ms if-8-0-0.bb1.Seattle.Teleglobe.net [207.45.223.8]
11 766 ms 740 ms 668 ms iuscmdistc1206-p-7-0.msft.net [207.46.190.117]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.

Here we can see that after the 11th hop, no results are shown. This probably implies that a firewall is installed on the router after router no. 11 and is filtering out tracert attempts.

And if you try to directly to ping the IP behind a firewall, all ur attempts will be filtered out and you will see them as timed out.

If you have any other trick up ur sleeve, please tell us. The tutorial was quite knowledgable.

digen

Youngling
The method works if the ISP has a DHCP leasing out IP addresses along with other info such as DNS addresses,subnet mask...

Dude biplav care to mention the source of your post please?

Biplav

In the zone
@anomit- i dont use a firewall.i have winxp sp2 now and i suppose the built in firewall is gud enough.

@digen- sorry buddy .but i cant mention the source : its against the forum rules. the source belongs to some ...errr. .... hacking site, which is ofcourse illegal

anomit

In the zone
I am telling that only. Even the Windows firewall is good enough to filter out attempts of ping and tracert.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
If you cannot provide the source, then at least mention that it is not your original work. By simply copy+pasting, you are plagiarizing which is also against forum rules.

anomit

In the zone
If you cannot provide the source, then at least mention that it is not your original work. By simply copy+pasting, you are plagiarizing which is also against forum rules.

You telling me???

Biplav

In the zone
Nemesis said:
No. I was taking to biplav. I should've mentioned it in my post. :p
@nemisis
@ batty:
Edited.i had no intention of taking credit for some one else`s work. but i forgot to mention that.
anyways the actual content contained some errors that i have checked and edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom