Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Is there any way to get the IP address of a remote computer sitting at another remote pc not in a LAN but over the internet.

Thanks.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Huh? You want to get the IP address of a remote computer over the Internet? How are you gonna know what/where the remote computer is, if you don't already know its IP address? Seems like a paradox to me. However, if you want to log IPs, then you can set up code in a webpage that tracks the visitor's IP address, (from which you can get the address obviously) or if you are engaged in an IM/chat conversation with them, there are tools that get this info for you. But there needs to be some data transfer between your computer and the remote PC or between the remote PC and a server to get this info.

Biplav

In the zone
@enonmai:
can u plz tell me how to track ip address while chatting in yahoo???
and yes another qouestion., once i know the ip address how to browse thru the files on the remote computer.

i am asking u this coz all my friends have the same cable connection, but the prob is we arnt given a static ip.
now we use limewire to share files among us, but it whud be benificial if there is a direct connect.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Yes,

I would like to know all the possible methods to track the IP address assuming that there is data transfer

Thanks

anomit

In the zone
A comp is identified over the net by its IP address. after that comes other wicked stuff ;) enoomai was right. Its a paradox. Please be more clear.

I dont think there is any sureshot way to pinpoint the geographical loaction of an IP address. You can look out for IP addresses from the netstat -n command and then perform a tracert of the IP. You may get some server names that may suggest the loaction. As for the Windows GUI tools, I have never tried them

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Anomit,

I dont want to trace IP addresses.
I want to know how to get someone's IP address remotely.

yes I want to log IP's

expertno.1

Technomancer
i know my friend ip and mine ip

so how can i make a direct conenctin between us for gameplay and file ahring

is ther any software ?

please mention it with the link

anomit

In the zone
godsownman said:
Anomit,

I want to know how to get someone's IP address remotely.

Man, its the IP address that helps you identify a machine on the net, not the other way round. I dunno why you don't understand.

A

Ashwin Saxena

I think this all conversation is going to hack computers on a network.
And hacking is forbidden in this forum.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
@biplav - Finding out the IP address of someone using Yahoo Messenger is no longer possible AFAIK. You'll get the IP of the yahoo server instead.

When you send your messages to your friend, they first have to pass through the Yahoo server then go to your friend’s messenger. So if you were to do a netstat -n you would only get the server’s IP.

I could've given you the link to the complete explanation, but that would probably get me banned :)

anomit

In the zone
Ashwin Saxena said:
And hacking is forbidden in this forum.

Could not understand what you were trying to say. Discussions about hacking was it?
Innumberable of times have we discussed these issues quite freely, and now cometh you to teach us. :lol:

plasmafire

Journeyman
hmm.. how to find IP of a guy in Yahoo IM?
beats me.. i can boot a guy or disable yahoo accts, but it never occured to me how to find his IP...

any ideas?

ps: no! i will not teach newbies.

anomit

In the zone
Try this one out. Send a file using the Yahoo! IM. Then use netstat to find out the open connections and look for your friends IP.

Biplav

In the zone
well hacking is not illegal as long as its not meant for unethical purposes.
u can get into ur frend`s comp with his permision(even not), so that is not illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom