Internet on fedora core 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Hi.I have fedora core 3 distro on my pc.I wanna run internet on it using gprs on my ngage qd using blue soleil bluetooth.Plz teach me how to do that.does linux have a download accelerator?Where can i download that?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ya linux have download accelerator named downloader for x

try this command
Code:
yum -y install d4x

for common topics like this first search this thread then start a new post:[Updated]:Frequently disucced topics

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Refer to stanton finley notes here *stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_3_installation_notes.html for download manager and other queries.
For using GPRS via bluetooth you need, kdebluetooth framework.
have a look if this thread helps *www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=372639.
I haven't worked on GRPS in linux before so I don't know how exactly to go about that part.

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Thanks.Can u tell me how and in wat way should i partition my hard drive to install ubuntu?I have a 250gb hd.Wanna use 10gb for installing linux and 20 gb partition for my data in linux.Other for windows.How should i partition?I know that linux requires something like boot space partition and other to install(not sure.New to linux).Can u explain that too.Wat should be size of that?

mehulved

You require one swap partition of 2 times your RAM to the maximum of 1 GB.
A separate /boot partition of not more than 100mb. I have heard it's preferable to keep /boot partition of ext2 file system as the data there remains more or less constant. So, no need of journalling.
You can keep a /home partition of about 10 GB you can format it as ext3 or reiserfs, I prefer latter but different people have different opinion.
A / partition of about another 10 GB preferably formatted as ext3
And if you don't have a FAT 32 partition, use remaining space for that as both linux and windows can write to FAT32 partition. If you have enough FAT32 partitions you can increase the size of your /home partition.

mehulved

Fedora itself has diskdruid. It is a GUI partition tool. It will take care of partitioning. Just select manual partitioning. You need no external tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom