Internet In VMware

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi guys,
I have vmware workstation in windows and have installed installed XP SP2 as virtual machine in it. I installed virtual XP SP2 in XP SP2
because VMware in linux is not free and I wanted to use virtual windows in linux. But Vmware player is free in linux. Now , I have successfully connected internet in virtual windows in my XP . But when I try to connect to internet in virtual windows in linux , it gives username & password error.
Can u please help me ....
I need to connect to net because I want to use Gtalk and Radio that is not available in linux.

Please help....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
GTalk can be connected from gaim and Kopete. See it's site.
And people say, google supports FOSS!

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^ I m using gaim in linux to use Gtalk but voice chat option in google talk is not availbale in gaim or in linux.
Also , what is the problem connecting to net????? Is it with me only or is it just not possible to connect net in virtual windows in linux ????

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
And one more thing , I love Screamer radio in windows and I badly miss it linux. I have installed it in linux using wine. But when i try to play it , it says soundcard not configured , any solutions please.....

mediator

Technomancer
About my practical experience with VMWARE, it is not so smooth in linux as in windows!

For the chat thing try "Gyach" <= synaptic manager <= ubuntu.
Welcome to the home of Gyach Enhanced (Gyach-E) and pY! Voice Chat. Gyach Enhanced is currently THE most feature-rich Yahoo! client for Linux operating systems. It is an unofficial fork of the original Gyach, and supports almost all of the features you would expect to find on the official Windows Yahoo! client: Voice chat, webcams, faders, 'nicknames', audibles, avatars, display images, and more. Yet, it remains very light-weight and memory-friendly. Gyach Enhanced, pY! Voice Chat, and the Gyach-E Webcam Utilities all use Gtk-2 for their user interfaces (Gtk-2 2.0.6 or better required).
I used it and its interface is somewhat like ymlite!

For ur problem try different net setting. IMO, it shud be "Use hosts IP"!

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
can gyach make me voice chat in Gtalk in linux ???? if not , its of no use , coz i have skype already but all my friends use Gtalk only.
Also , u said Use hosts IP , where to check this option ???

mediator

Technomancer
I dont voice chat much, so I dunno. But since "g-chat" can be configured via other chat clients than I think g-voice chat can be done too.

Well currently on fedora I dont have VMWARE but making a guess I think "hosts ip" is under net settings, where u have options like NAT,bridged networking etc! Try to explore it. Its there!!

eddie

El mooooo
Have you setup IP Masquerading in your Linux install? AFAIK that is must to get Internet working under vmware. To setup masquerading, you can have a look at here
*www.linuxjournal.com/article/3866

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Sure! Check *www.vmware.com/products/free_virtualization.html and *www.vmware.com/download/server/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom