Internet Explorer Selected as Most Influential Tech Product of Past 25 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft's Internet Explorer, the most widely used Web browser on the market, is the most influential technology product of the past 25 years, according to a new survey by the Computing Technology Industry Association...

...Products developed by Microsoft claimed four of the top five spots in the poll of information technology (IT) industry professionals, conducted in conjunction with the 25th anniversary of CompTIA.

The Apple(R) iPod(R), one of the most successful consumer electronics products in history, is the only non-Microsoft product to crack the top five.

*www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/07/31/2825621.htm

din

Tribal Boy
WOW

Pretty cool

A total of 471 individuals participated in the CompTIA survey, which was conducted in May and June. [Source] and 66 % voted for IE. That is 311 people of 'IT Industry' !! Thats a lot ;). I think more people participate in Thinkdigit forum survey lol

I think This is something better.

and how can we ignore Mosaic if IE is so "influential"

Oh well, anyway nice "online poll" from someone who does lean towards Microsoft operating systems .......

Oh, forgot - Good Morning All :)

aku

Gonna make it BiG
hmm.. no doubt about it.. when eva we think of internet the first thing dat comes to our minds -- a big blue 'e' with a spinning orbit around it.. no wonder why its influential...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ah the one that started it all.This used to be my favourite & only used brower until I got hooked upto Opera's features & now have completely switched sides.;)

Neverthless I must say that IE had always been an excellent & simple to use browser.So it comes as no surprise for this browser to be a marvel.:)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Going by its market share IE deserves the place, going by its security, it does not. BTW how many people remember that when the web was reaching the common man, IE was actually better than Netscape!

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
this is utter BS.
internet explorer does not deserve this honour at all.
even if windows had got it would have been ok.
but the point is IE is a very bad piece of software and only because of MS monoply did it do well and also lack of nice competition long back.

praka123

left this forum longback
when i started using internet(1996?),i think i uses netscape browser more.although ie was there.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
sorry u werent the judge so it doesnt matter a damn what u used or didnt use ... ;)

praka123

left this forum longback
[contd]
...that showed the trait that i cannot go with M$FT and its products.Is it OK Salesman? :D who just posted above me ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
:lol: some 1 called me a salesman :lol: :lol:
vista 20k mein lelo .... wada pav 5 rupey mein lelo ... ubuntu fukat maal hai uthao le jao ... ubuntu 1 ka 100 1 ka 100 cds ... there asre u happy praka i even tried selling OSS :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
:lol: some 1 called me a salesman :lol: :lol:
vista 20k mein lelo
Abe.....sanju ke bagal wali jail mnain jana hai kya :D

this is utter BS.
internet explorer does not deserve this honour at all.
even if windows had got it would have been ok.
but the point is IE is a very bad piece of software and only because of MS monoply did it do well and also lack of nice competition long back.
Care to elaborate how? When Mozilla was trying to make an image rendering engine, IE was ruling the market with IE 4. How is the IE software bad right now? The engine is old indeed, but with IE 8 the engine will be replaced with the one found in Expression Blend, so....standard compliance achieved too.

Was it microsoft who carried out this survey????

Was it Red hat which carried out the survay showing that Linux is eating Windows market share?

Was it Apple who carried out the survay that iPhone & Apple TV are saling like hot cakes :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok so now 'no nice competition' is also the fault of the winner .. :lol: kya alogic hai :lol:

@gx arre vista ulti is selling for 20k in croma

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its been for 19,999/- since the first day till yesterday when i went there ....

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
gx_saurav said:
Was it Apple who carried out the survay that iPhone & Apple TV are saling like hot cakes :D

no actually this was evident from amny surveys from many sources.

asvin said:
Was it microsoft who carried out this survey????

u stole the words from my mouth ;-)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
gx_saurav said:
Was it Red hat which carried out the survay showing that Linux is eating Windows market share?

Don't know how apple iphone and apple tv work but I surely know that IE doesn't works well unless you have a 512 kbps connection

din

Tribal Boy
IE is not bad at all. atleast now its more secure,more features and for majority Internet = IE

But sure it is the "most influential technology product of the past 25 years" ? ? Even above the IBM PC ? Even above Windows OS ?

There were only 471 persons attended the online survey ! That represent the whole IT Industry ?

and that also carried out by a company "who does lean towards Microsoft operating systems". So we can't blame if someone ask whether this is carried out by MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom