Internet Explorer Selected as Most Influential Tech Product of Past 25 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
asnvin said:
I surely know that IE doesn't works well unless you have a 512 kbps connection

:ROFL.....then how the hell m i using it on 256kbps connection :D. Dude go try IE7 once

and that also carried out by a company "who does lean towards Microsoft operating systems". So we can't blame if someone ask whether this is carried out by MS.

Well, then it should have been Windows OS above IE, isn't it?

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
^^^^^
this is not correct

IE does not follow web standards as of now and they have admitted this fact also recently.

only thing is that it is in majority so web designers tend to ignore flaws of IE and design their webpages according to IE's requirements

But now designers are starting to get fed up of this and desiging acc. to web standards.
MS also realises this and in IE 8 it is trying to adopt web formats as someone above had also said

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
IE has a slow engine rendering compared to Firefox or Opera, but IE 7 software it is very fast on Windows which is something that matters. Firefox cannot be made native to Windows at all, cos well...then XUL will break. Opera is the only thing which can be made Windows Vista native.

Oh & page zoom. printing, Fishing filter,Quick View of IE 7 is best

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
well page zoom is gonna be one of the major features of ff 3
dont know abt other features

i thought ff not being integrated in windows OS was a good thing as then it didnt kill windows when it crashed. remember IE 5 etc

din

Tribal Boy
Off topic:

This thread goes very similar to the Vista thread lol

That was also started by 'anandk' ?

That was about a blog post by an MS employee telling Vista is most secure and it got diverted a lot.

This one from a company who support MS a lot and thread is getting diverted again.

LOL, no complaints this time. I started liking the small fights and divertin etc

Anyway, I think the main thing is

IE is something good (present IE), no doubt in that, but it can't be considered as the "Most Influential Tech Product of Past 25 Years".

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
tgpraveen said:
well page zoom is gonna be one of the major features of ff 3
The major feature of FF is Cairo image rendering engine. No one in firefox is working on HQ zoom right now

i thought ff not being integrated in windows OS was a good thing as then it didnt kill windows when it crashed. remember IE 5 etc
K-Mellon is Gecko based Windows Optimised & native browser. Due to this native nature it can't use Firefox extensions etc....but it is really fast on Windows platform, not integrated. This is what I mean.

Just like this, we have Camino on Mac OS X, it is native to Mac but not integrated to Mac OS like Safari & webclip is. Webclip is there in Mac OS X integrated while Safari is just the frontend to the browser.

IE's tridant engine is there integrated in Vista & IE, but it can be updated standalone too

@ Din

Just giving some eye openers about IE 7 & its technology. Anyone used Maxthon here? Just give me the ability to add a custom button to Maxthon toolbar & I m switching to maxthon today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom