internet download manager won't download

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankkr1986

Broken In
hi '
i was using idm 6.07 version(on windows vista core duo proc.hp pavilion notebook) and uptil recently it was working fine when one day i received a message that ""the server replies that you don't have permissions to download this file.details:http/1.1.403 forbidden."and since then i haven't been able to download any video file.the webpages however continue to download properly.i uninstalled the current version and reinstalled new version of idm but still get the same message.i am not well versed with software..
help requested..
mayank

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If I am right then this error appears when server doesn't supports DMs or session expires while transferring download request from browser to IDM. One more thing, when you uninstall IDM, do select "Complete uninstall" followed a CCleaner cleanup, and lastly by a reboot. May be this could help.

OP
M

mayankkr1986

Broken In
If I am right then this error appears when server doesn't supports DMs or session expires while transferring download request from browser to IDM. One more thing, when you uninstall IDM, do select "Complete uninstall" followed a CCleaner cleanup, and lastly by a reboot. May be this could help.

i would think on the contrary because 1.the server was supporting idm before when i was downloading many videos of varied lengths and still downloads normal web pages,

2.the console straightaway shows that the file can not be downloaded(it does'nt even try to install the file)so there is'nt any question of session expiring,

3.i have tried to completely uninstall idm but it still doe'snt work..
is there any other thing that can be done??
thanx
mayank

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some security or other settings of the server must have been changed and that's why it won't support downloading using IDm anymore I guess - you better try some different browser with proper extension/addons if you are downloading flv/mp4 vids or some other download manager ( or newer version of IDM ) with browser integration feature.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if you can provide the site link here ...

BTW, as OP is not replying anymore closing this thread - to re-open just PM any mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom