Internet connection problem

WarrenG

Broken In
I bought a samsung galaxy s2 a week ago and the internet was working fine on all apps and also the market app.

But a few days ago I noticed that the market app was not able to connect to the internet ... other apps like the gmail app also donot connect.

But opera mobile connects and works fine so dose the inbult internet browser ...
I tried many other apps and none of them can connect only opera mobile and the inbuilt browser connect can anyone help ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
from where did you get the GPRS setting? better to talk to customer care. they may have different policy for different mobile.

exactly same happens with vodafone & they need to take mobile connect. so same maybe the case with you.

OP
W

WarrenG

Broken In
the phone auto detected the settings ... i dident get them from any where
the net was working fine in the beginning only now i have this problem

also i had the same sim with my earlier phone a sony ericsson k550i and the net worked fine there with all the apps

OP
W

WarrenG

Broken In
ok i figured out why the internet was working for the browser but not the apps ... turns out android apps do not support WAP they need GPRS / EDGE so sumthing else ...

avidahiya

Right off the assembly line
Hey buddy I have exactly same issue does your problem persists I hate s 2 for this

Same problem with.my s 2 desperatly need a solution

OP
W

WarrenG

Broken In
which service provider do u have ? You will have to take a GPRS plan NOT WAP ... as android apps need GPRS

If you have Loop Mobile then look here --> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/qna-troubleshooting/145024-loop-mobile-gprs-settings-android.html

but remember you need GPRS, 3G, EDGE, WiFi or something higher ...

Top Bottom