Internet connected but not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadly_dude

Broken In
I have a Tata Walky phone ( Wireless phone ).........i access internet through walky wireless internet and it had been working fine since 8 months with no major problems......recently Tata Indicom started free internet at night......then also for the first 1 and a half months the internet worked absolutely fine.
Now my problem is......that even though i get connected to the internet absolutely fine...and it says that im connected to the internet......the internet actually does not work all...nothing works....mozilla.....internet explorer.....yahoo messenger......First i thought the problem is due to some spywares and viruses.....but i have checked and re-checked thru all different anti-spyware and anti-virus softwares.......there is no spyware or virus that is causing the problem.......i even performed a repair install of my Windows Xp but with no result....i am unable to pinpoint the problem.......i also have a BSNL dial up connection which is working fine with no problems....i have contacted TATA Indicom customer care but they havent provided me with a solution.......and i know it's probably easy to put the blame on TATA Indicom......but im facing this problem continuosly for the last 2 weeks......if it had been Tata Indicom's problem.....internet would have worked some time or the other during these 2 weeks...
So if anybody understands my problem and has experienced similar problems....please help me out.....

shashank4u

Youngling
deadly dude so u ve a got a deadly problem of dead internet .
have u messed up with the settings ,
one thing i suggest u to do :
get yr walky to friends computer try connecting there,
this ll assure u of one thing.

OP
D

deadly_dude

Broken In
Thanks shashank ....i tried that......and internet works fine at my friend's place with my tataindicom walky.......so now one thing is for sure that problem is in my PC.......so what's the solution for that??........i just dont wanna re-install my XP all together.....as i will lose all my softwares and i will have re-install them again....which is a lenghty process....so im looking for any solution other than XP fresh install!!

take care
deadly_dude

OP
D

deadly_dude

Broken In
no i havent disabled any services recently....and i checked out the services too........everything is alright at that end...but still the problem persists

ahref

In the zone
Delete old dialup connection of tata walky and create new dial up connection and use that for tata connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom