Status
Not open for further replies.

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
I use BSNL Broadband 500C Plan. The problem is with the speed. When i try to download files from websites the speed do not exceed 30kb\s. But when i download from torrents the speed bursts to 160-180kb\s. How can i increase the normal speed.Even browsing is fine.
I also tested my speed at speedtest.net. It shows normal speed.

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Try IDM for downloading.......it really boosts up the speed. You can tweak it even further by going to connections tab in Options in the app. You can also try downloading TU Utilities and optimize your connection. :)

sakumar79

Technomancer
One of the two below reasons is possible:
1. Have you verified speed in kb/s and not KB/s? There is a factor of 8 between the two.
2. Torrents gather data from various sources. General browsing of a particular website involves one source. There are likely bottlenecks that limit the browsing speed with single websites. These may be beyond the servers of BSNL. Since torrents gather from multiple sources, each source may be providing data at around 30 kbps, and when combined, you are able to get 160 kbps since the bandwidth provided by BSNL allows for it.

Arun

AbyBeats

Right off the assembly line
Actually in all those Download managers you mentioned,Download status is shown in KB/s
So you are getting 30*8=240Kbps.Or when you are downloading,in the status bar is it shown 0.4 kBps?
Even 240 kbps is slow speed for 500 BSNL home plan.I get 200KBps ie 1600kbps while downloading.
The problem may be due to the TCPIP.SYS patched into your system.If you are using a pirated OS prolly the max half open connection may be set to bogous values which do not affect torrents but affects direct download.
Download lvllords patch and change the value to 50.<---Pls use www.google.com
And the head over to www.speedguide.net and download and instal TCP optimiser.

That should solve the problem.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Hey, i also have a problem-
I have a BSNL DataOne 750 P.M. plan.
They say that the speed is 256 kbps up to 2 MBPS
But while downloading, i get an average speed of 32 Kb/s (FTP)
And when i download by torrents, i get merely 27 Kbps Average Speed.
What is this? Are these normal speeds?

Is it true that downloading by torrents is much faster than FTP?
Then why am i getting torrent speeds slower than FTP?
Please help me.:sad:

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Actually in all those Download managers you mentioned,Download status is shown in KB/s
So you are getting 30*8=240Kbps.Or when you are downloading,in the status bar is it shown 0.4 kBps?
Even 240 kbps is slow speed for 500 BSNL home plan.I get 200KBps ie 1600kbps while downloading.
The problem may be due to the TCPIP.SYS patched into your system.If you are using a pirated OS prolly the max half open connection may be set to bogous values which do not affect torrents but affects direct download.
Download lvllords patch and change the value to 50.<---Pls use www.google.com
And the head over to www.speedguide.net and download and instal TCP optimiser.

That should solve the problem.

Actually whether it may be any measurement of speed, when i try to download a single 5MB mp3 file it takes more than couple of minutes. That's what i'm telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom