Intellectually inspiring, thought provoking, mind boggling SCI FI MOVIES!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
coherence .... Boy oh Boy what a mind twisting, convoluted this movie was, well in a good way. I had to "seriously" watch it twice right one after another to get what exactly it is. (And I have never done that). Ahs anyone of you seen Triangle .... if that was a bit convoluted and twisted to follow, coherence is BAAP of triangle, agree the "thrill" aspect was more in triangle, and it was more "entertaining" as such but as far as intertwingling and complexities of the plot goes... in my entire life I think handful of movies will be out there that would match coherence.

I won't give much of the plot but will say it involves around the concept of alternate reality and that is all I think I should say about this movie.

...... MUST WATCH ..... 7.5/10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I watched Coherence a couple of years back I think. It's a low budget movie that absolutely makes up for the low budget by providing a level of thrill many fails to provide.
The movie gets twisted with each minute and is a roller coaster ride from an innocent beginning to the end. Yes, it was awesome!

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Cool added Coherence.

Also added Synchronicity - a mind bending movie which I think justifiably fits in this thread. Must watch!

lutenic

Broken In
How can you miss '10 Cloverfield Lane' next in Cloverfield series. Really Good movie.

Divergent Series started good, but the successor movies were crap.

Another to Add: Maze Runner series, especially the first part was amazing, second part Scorch Trials was ok ok.

Children of Men already added by you is considered generally as Best sci-fi of the 21st Centuary! Its really an amazing movie, must watch for all

ssb1551

Technomancer
Not sure if Rashomon is added here but the 1950 flick by one of the all time greatest directors Akira Kurosawa is a gem. I believe it was way ahead of its time. If anyone hasn't watched it yet they should.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this: Under the Skin (2013).

Pitch Black. The Chronicles of Riddick. Riddick.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 and 2.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Not sure if Rashomon is added here but the 1950 flick by one of the all time greatest directors Akira Kurosawa is a gem. I believe it was way ahead of its time. If anyone hasn't watched it yet they should.
is that a sci fi movie ?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this: Under the Skin (2013).

Pitch Black. The Chronicles of Riddick. Riddick.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 and 2.

Are you serious with The Chronicles of Riddick & Guardians of the Galaxy series? Pitch Black & Under the skin are good.

BhargavJ

In the zone
To me, The Chronicles of Riddick is awesome, and the Guardians of the Galaxy series is also good. The thread is about adding Sci-Fi movies, so I named them.

BhargavJ

In the zone
The OP says on the previous page, and in his first post, in the PS, that while he did add the words intellectually inspiring and though provoking to the title, he doesn't mind if people add any sci-fi movie to the thread.

Another one: Starship Troopers (1997).

There is a film the name of which I don't remember; it is set in a desert in which there are only two characters, one human and one alien, and throughout most of the movie, they search for and try to kill the other. This is a low budget movie, and doesn't have much action, and if I remember correctly, doesn't have a very high rating on imdb, but many people really liked it.

Top Bottom