Intel Support Directs me to use DDR-II in DDR based board !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hey all Digit User,

See what is the knowledge level in side of Intel Support it self, as I have an issue with one of our D915GAV, a DDR based board, so I sent is back to intel support for replacement...

Now they found some issue with Memory controller, they called me up and said that may be the RAM used (ZION 400MHz) was not supported by Intel, so i ask them to send me the supported list of RAMs

This is what I get, My motherboard is D915GAV and this is what intel writes,

(Note I have removed the Board serial number and few private details.)

Intel Support said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!
* Please hit the REPLY button only when you reply to this mail.
* Do not remove the information you sent below, to avoid data loss.
* Do not reply using another email account when replying to this mail to avoid delay.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Case: 7xxxxxx
Product: D915GAV xxxxxxxx Cxxxx-xxxx
Issue: Tested Memory list

Hello Saurav,

Greetings from Intel Customer Support.

Saurav, as per our telephonic conversation I am providing you the link where you can find the tested memory list for your motherboard. The list is for DG965SS motherboard, but it can be used for D915GAV motherboard also. Please refer to the following link:

*support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg965ss/sb/CS-026600.htm#tested

For further concerns please feel free to contact us on 000-00000000 or write to us at 00000000000@0000000.000.intel.com.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Subhajit
Intel Technical Customer Support Engineer - Asia Pacific
Channel Warranty Program
00000000000@0000000.000.intel.com.

Intel Disclaimer
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

A representative of Intel may subsequently contact you (via email) in order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the support you received. If you do not wish to participate, simply delete the survey email…

** Intel cares about your personal privacy. Your data will be used for transaction purposes and to provide you information in relation to this activity. Your information will only be used for the purposes for which it has been collected. For more information on Intel’s privacy practices see *www.intel.com/sites/corporate/privacy.htm

Read the Bold part and see what they are writting !!! Intel Support actually directed me to use DDR-II Based RAM with D915GAV in writting !!!

I am speach less....

:(

Any comments ??

Edit

Its not a support misstake any more, read their Official Test Setup..

*download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/d915gav_ag_d915pgn_sy_mlp.pdf

Read more

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
What?????
Do they even know what they are talking about....
DDR2 ram on a DDR based motherboard.

OK here is the suggestion... for anyone from Intel reading this.
Sack that person, pick anyone from Digit forum and make him a Technical Support Guy.
I mean even a "kiddo in tech" like me know its not possible.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
btw im looking at the email id ... what a wierd id ... or cheeta did u change it :?

src2206

In the zone
That fellow of intel must be an Original white American [not the aboriginals], or the converted one [brown on top and star and stripes inside] :D

A real "moron"

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@Choto Cheeta
have u contacted him again??
he made a big blunder has he realized it?
after all he need know what he has done

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Why dont you escalate it higher! Or sue them for causing you mental agony while trying to fit a DDR2 ram into your DDR slot :p

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Two words Intel Sucks ... ..:mad: See now DDr2 are maturing and they are shifting to DDr 3 wth .. They what they do with that :X pretty annoying DDr3 are costing bombs and they are supporting it.. while knowing the fact that still people are stucked in DDR specially in our country.. Well 1 willll not face suck kinda difficulty with AMD :)

they make fools of themselves, last for same board, it was not detecting sata hdd, when I contacted intel support, what they said you will be surprised,its because of cpu and they were asking me for details of the cpu fan and others:D , and they were also telling that it happens due to pirated software, which I dont prefer:D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Shashwat Pant said:
Two words Intel Sucks ... ..:mad: See now DDr2 are maturing and they are shifting to DDr 3 wth .. They what they do with that :X pretty annoying DDr3 are costing bombs and they are supporting it.. while knowing the fact that still people are stucked in DDR specially in our country.. Well 1 willll not face suck kinda difficulty with AMD :)
:?

dude if Intel still stays with DDR/DDR2, then again you'll curse them of being "far behind AMD".

btw Intel doesnt force you to buy DDR3 m/b. does it?

right now DDR2 are dirt-cheap, so will be DDR3 in a year or two, coz DDR4 is on its way.

anyways its not Intel that sucks, its the Intel's Customer Service:p

look at C2D proc. :p, a revolution.
===================

@Choto ji, do try to contact that guy & tell him of his mistake:)).

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ Its not abt evolution.. Its a part . . but see Upcoming Dual/Quad Penryn will be bottle necked by DDR2 cause they need higher bandwidth than DDR2 .. so a person having Penryn dream like me :p Have to buy DDR3 for performace for that killer price :( :eek:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
by the time those proc. become affordable, even DDR4 RAM will be f***-cheap:)) ( <- Vimal/Arsenal_Gunners's :)) copyrighted word).

btw if you can afford a Penryn (~ $999), then i think you can definetly afford DDR3/4... :D

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
HAHA, here is my Story.

For 2 weeks now, i am unable to update BIOS on my DG965WH. Each time, support team asks me to trick1 and i reply that it doesnt work....new trick2 and that doesnt work either so i reply back agian. Another guy replies with Trick1 and there is chain of this since 3 weeks now.

My Email goes like RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom