Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion

amjath

Human Spambot
So it means "s" or "t" cannot be overclocked???

They said those are for hyper threading so if i dont OC then I could go for "s" or "t" right??

vaibhav23

In the zone
Differences between i5 2500k,i5 2500s and i5 2500t:
Compare Intel® Products
^All that would result in lower performance of the 's' and 't' processor
Review of i5 2500T processor:
Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 Mini-ITX and Intel Core i5-2500T / Core i3-2100 Review - Introduction

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overclocked review.

Tends to run very hot.

Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking with the Core i7 3770K and Core i5 3570K CPUs - Power and Temperature Tests :: TweakTown USA Edition

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Neither bad chip nor bad sample.

22nm process will take time to mature. Plus, the chip has shrunk too much compared to the sweet die size and perhaps also has current leakage problem. This is the best Intel can give at the moment in terms of thermals.

Power consumption is well under control btw.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ No 'valid' screenshot released yet.
And, its Intel processors that is being discussed about, not any AMD processor which generally takes time to mature.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ No 'valid' screenshot released yet.
And, its Intel processors that is being discussed about, not any AMD processor which generally takes time to mature.
lol.. it is fabrication process being discussed by me, not any processor. Every fabrication process takes time to mature.

Plus, there was a thread on Xtremesystems where another i7-3770K ES was showing high temps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but even for ES chip the temps are just too hot ... They OCed well with low vcore and Tweaktown has used Corsair H100 - so the temps should be a little lower.

The 3570k looks a promising though on temp side - it's max temps was 76c but with just 200 Mhz more speed the 3770k reached 97c which is not acceptable and this is really alarming :

We actually got it to hit 105c at some points and throttle down.

But let's wait for some more mature chips like they said :

The most important thing to remember, though, is we're still dealing with early versions of the CPUs.

techbulb

eUREKA...
check asus,msi,gigabyte global sites panther point chipsets motherboards are showing now with a coming soon logo

amjath

Human Spambot
Awesome news is that Intel ll be shipping Ivy Bridge to end customers before the end of April.

More Leaked Benchmarks from Intel's Ivy Bridge

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For SNB users I doubt, unless you are moving from i3/i5 to i7. Temps may come down with the latest revision which will be ultimately released to retail.

Top Bottom