Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Intel i7 2600K

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 118788

Hey Everyone On This Forum Please Give Your Opinion By Voting.

My Vote Goes To Intel i5 2500K Over A 2600K. 2600K Has Just A Hyper Threading & Extra 2MB Cache Than 2500K. 2600K is not worth for few seconds faster processing. Read This Benchmark & Don't Extra Money On 2600K. Invest In Something Better.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, it completely depends upon the type of use. 2600K can process 8 threads simultaneously and the extra 2 MB cache will help in highly multi-threaded environment like 3D animation, rendering, Audio/Video editing.

But if you consider that gaming as the main criteria then 2500K is the way to go as performance of both of them is more or less same in games.

And Just a Hyperthreading can boost the performance significantly in multi-threaded applications.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Buddy, it completely depends upon the type of use. 2600K can process 8 threads simultaneously and the extra 2 MB cache will help in highly multi-threaded environment like 3D animation, rendering, Audio/Video editing.

But if you consider that gaming as the main criteria then 2500K is the way to go as performance of both of them is more or less same in games.

And Just a Hyperthreading can boost the performance significantly in multi-threaded applications.

It Will Only Make A Slight Difference of few seconds. HT will take your cpu temperature high. Pls Vote.

Pls Vote.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Voted. But the few second is just for the test where they don't run it for long time. Buddy, 2600K offers more than 90% performance of previous generation i7 980X 6 core processor (12 Threads).

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Voted. But the few second is just for the test where they don't run it for long time. Buddy, 2600K offers more than 90% performance of previous generation i7 980X 6 core processor (12 Threads).

980 X is a big waste of money. It is Better To Invest In A SSD than 2600K

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, if you can afford a i7 2600k than its always recommended over i5 2500k.

Geek-With-Lens said:
980 X is a big waste of money. It is Better To Invest In A SSD than 2600K
Its one of fastest proccy's available today. Some poeple do very very intense editing of Video, Rendering , etc
So the extra money is nothing for them who can spend so much money. Speed is everything.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Well, if you can afford a i7 2600k than its always recommended over i5 2500k.

Its one of fastest proccy's available today. Some poeple do very very intense editing of Video, Rendering , etc
So the extra money is nothing for them who can spend so much money. Speed is everything.

Hey You See This Benchmark In Most of test 2600K Win over 980x. Only it has 2 core extra . The People who do intense work then also i will suggest them 2600K over 980x.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Geek-With-Lens said:
Hey You See This Benchmark In Most of test 2600K Win over 980x. Only it has 2 core extra . The People who do intense work then also i will suggest them 2600K over 980x.
I agree with you too.

But some people want the absolute last bit of power from their PC. No matter what happens Intel will keep on releasing such processors costing above Rs.50000 for that niche market.
I know its almost a negligible market but AMD has no such proccys and hence Intel wants to capitalise

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

I agree with you too.

But some people want the absolute last bit of power from their PC. No matter what happens Intel will keep on releasing such processors costing above Rs.50000 for that niche market.
I know its almost a negligible market but AMD has no such proccys and hence Intel wants to capitalise

Intel Just Want To Earn Money & Embarrass AMD

shayem

In the zone
:rofl:

980x vs 2600k is like Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000@267mph vs SSC Ultimate Aero $654,400@257mph+

It's depends on peoples own taste and spending power.

tkin

Back to school!!
:rofl:

980x vs 2600k is like Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000@267mph vs SSC Ultimate Aero $654,400@257mph+

It's depends on peoples own taste and spending power.
End of discussion: AnandTech - Bench - CPU

I prefer Koneigsegg, veyron looks like a Frog.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It all depends on your task.

Do you need the extra threads? Does your car need that Nitro? or is it fast enough already?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Seeing you a lot around these days, exams over? Where are you gonna study now?

I have nothing to do at home. I exercise, facebook, run in the field, go girl watching (kidding) at the malls, movies, I know this is a lot, but it's not much really.

I got a good rank at manipal, since I want to pursue VLSI, I chose ECE. My aiee rank wasn't that good, sadly.

I might get in at some later round, but my preference stands ECE or EEE.

What's up with you?

(THIS IS OUT OF TOPIC, but PLEASE DONT BAN US FOR THIS) - You can use PM ATM ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

tkin

Back to school!!
I have nothing to do at home. I exercise, facebook, run in the field, go girl watching (kidding) at the malls, movies, I know this is a lot, but it's not much really.

I got a good rank at manipal, since I want to pursue VLSI, I chose ECE. My aiee rank wasn't that good, sadly.

I might get in at some later round, but my preference stands ECE or EEE.

What's up with you?

(THIS IS OUT OF TOPIC, but PLEASE DONT BAN US FOR THIS)
The 2500k will oc better due to absence of HT, 2600k heats up a lot, to go 4.8 on 2600k you need to disable ht.

OT for comp@ddict:
Got damned tired of facebook, so gaming a bit, you stopped gaming?

I've just given 3rd year exams(hopefully will pass it :p), doing CSE(I really like softwares, want to design them, proper software design, not building/managing databases etc).

My aieee rank was longer than my phone number :lol:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread summary : choice between core i5 2500k and core i7 2600k depends upon the type of the use and it's user of-course ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom