Intel Core i7 – X58 Chipset – Nehalem Arrives – Reviews and News Round-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That's xaktly the biggest problem right now.

Tha's y 'm soo keen for Deneb, cuz if it performs(very) well, then INTEL will be forced to cut prices, and then finally we might be able to hope for a nehalem rig in 50k

The reason why I said that is because the CPU tested costs 999$ and is the flagship model. Don't take that as a NO for core i7.

the starting market price will be around $320 core Core i7 920.

And btw, when Deneb gets into the market, memory like DDR3 and chipsets for core i7 will stabilize and will become lot more affordable.

Comparing Nehalem with Deneb coming next year in price point of view is totally nonsense.

whether Deneb arrives or not, Intel will cut the price and they will released lot more chipsets for Nehalem.

Last edited:

JAK

What the Heck !
I think I made the right decision of waiting..
I was initially planning to upgrade in around last June/July but decided to wait till Jan/Feb...
Heck my gut feeling is pretty darn good....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^DDR3 is already cheap now.. Its come down to about 5k for 2Gigs..

That's not cheap. 2Gb DDR2 costs 1.5k.

And to utilize DDR3's full bandwidth, you need 3 modules that means you have to buy it like 3x1Gb or 3x2Gb...

And yes, it's good news that the price fell by 3k.
The price will be inside 3k in another 2 months ;)

I think I made the right decision of waiting..
I was initially planning to upgrade in around last June/July but decided to wait till Jan/Feb...
Heck my gut feeling is pretty darn good....

Great. Now you will be one of those having a PC based on brand new architecture.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
moo haa haa. Really man, What is the use of RAM being at 1666MHz when you have HDD running at 133MHz :)

moo haa haa. Really man, What is the use of RAM being at 1666MHz when you have HDD running at 133MHz :)
Well, I always prefer higher values :D
Actually, 1600 is supposed to be the higher mainstream, the way 400MHz DDR RAM and 800MHz DDR2 RAM are, so I wouldn't be surprised if it lands at 4000.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
is there a single guy in thread who's gonna buy ? NO!, at max someone might say "Hey, I'm THINKING to buy it".

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
that is because this is a forum and we all give our thought, whether we buy or not.

Do you think that all those benchmarking sites actually buy hardware??

NO. They get free samples directly from companies.

OP
DigitalDude

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@vish786

not yet fully available in India mate... only the 920 is available with lynx-india.com

eventually a new tech will be bought by ppl... it just takes time and btw more mainstream models will be introduced in 2009

_

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Re: Intel Core i7 – X58 Chipset – Nehalem Arrives – Reviews and News Round-up

is there a single guy in thread who's gonna buy ? NO!, at max someone might say "Hey, I'm THINKING to buy it".

I will definately get Nehalem, but not soon after the launch. It will be around somewhere near 2009 end or first half of 2010. :)

^^Shud come down by Q2 2009 Hopefully, epecially after DENEB launches
Whether it comes down or not, the fact remains that its motherboard price will decide number of buyers. Infact, Nehalem can displace all current intel CPUs if it has a 7K to 10K mobo for the Core i7 920. Otherwise, 920 already looks highly VFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom