Intel Core 2 Duo E8700 3.5GHz listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
*www.fudzilla.com/images/stories/Logos/core2duo.gif

€259 in Belgium

Intel will
soon launch its fastest dual-core to date, the Core 2 Duo E8700 clocked at 3.5GHz.

Obviously, many of these 45nm parts will end up overclocked, and we're sure gamers will appreciate them. The price however, is another issue. At €259 the E8700 is no bargain, and you can get a pretty good quad core for less.

Nonetheless, it's still the highest clocked Intel desktop CPU out there, and this fact alone means it's worth mentioning. Like the E8600, the 3.5GHz E8700 has a 1333MHz FSB, 6MB L2-cache and has a rather good 65W TDP.

You can find the listing here.
Source

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Right said.

Another Fact : When a e8400 can be oced to 4Ghz ( & even greater ) mark who will buy that thing anyway. In simple word it's just a overpriced show piece.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Better get core i7 instead for that unless you are upgrading only your cpu & don't want to OC

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I think buying E8xxx low end and overclocking it yourself it much more better and interesting. Wont be much difference anyway I think, its just an overclocked/multiplier-changed processor.

This is actually supposed to represent maximum maturity of the Intel Core2 45nm Process Manufacturing.

I doubt intel may want to release a heavier version (then again, maybe 4GHz would be the end of the line).

Its supposed to Overclock well above the limits imposed by the E8600.

However, on most motherboards, the mobo chipset often becomes the bottleneck.

Intel needs to release unlocked edition of Core2 Dual Core CPUs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom