Integrated graphics with graphic card

akkusoni

Broken In
My computer has integrated garphic card intel gma4500 and i was thinking of adding a graphic card now my question is that will i get the power of both integrated graphics and graphic card.

kartikoli

Busy!!
My computer has integrated garphic card intel gma4500 and i was thinking of adding a graphic card now my question is that will i get the power of both integrated graphics and graphic card.

I am not sure but I don't think you will get enhanced performance

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths

No, you can only utilize one at a time.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

just make sure you don't buy a 8400/9400/GT210/HD5450 like gfx card ;-) and the the thing you are talking about is Hybrid CF which is only possible with AMD's APU platform now.

kartikoli

Busy!!
just make sure you don't buy a 8400/9400/GT210/HD5450 like gfx card ;-) and the the thing you are talking about is Hybrid CF which is only possible with AMD's APU platform now.
Once i have paired HD5670 with my asus m5a88 (880 chipset) and was getting really good performance. Dont think a simple 5670 can give that good performance so are you sure only APU support Hybrid crossfire?

i could see gpu boost in bios
Sorry for ignorance i have always been a high end gpu holder so dont bother much about IGP's

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once i have paired HD5670 with my asus m5a88 (880 chipset) and was getting really good performance. Dont think a simple 5670 can give that good performance so are you sure only APU support Hybrid crossfire?

i could see gpu boost in bios
Sorry for ignorance i have always been a high end gpu holder so dont bother much about IGP's

AFAIK Hybrid CF is not possible using HD4250 ( the gpu core of 880G chipset ) and HD5670.. both cards are from different series and architecture.

Now only APU's support hybrid CF .. some old AMD chipsets support it too but they lacks in compatibility and most importatly in performance but APUs have improved a lot compared to previous gen Hybrid CF options.

Top Bottom