Installation Error Save My Files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anindya

In the zone
Here is a new problem for you all to solve. One of my friends was installing FC5. He already had XP and was making it Dual-Boot. Suddenly there was a powercut! After that when he tried to boot in XP, it only showed the partition in which it is installed. The problem is he had some files in some of the other drives which are now invisible(hopefully) or gone(unfortunately). What can be done to recover the files?:(

konstAnt

Broken In
If he haden't formatted the drive or if the drive haden't been formatted(unfortunately) then he can use some data recovery softwares such as *www.spectrumdatarecovery.com or you can get any from the digit CD

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Boot ur system with WinXP bootable CD & check whether partitions r shown or not. If partitions r shown then jus reinstall/repair WinXP.

konstAnt

Broken In
n2casey said:
Boot ur system with WinXP bootable CD & check whether partitions r shown or not. If partitions r shown then jus reinstall/repair WinXP.

Hey dude don't wanna interfere but the author of the problem don't mean that his boot files are lost but he has a trouble that the files on other drive are lost ... so data recovery softwares'll be the best..

Goto *konstant.awardspace.com and search for "Data Recovery Softwares"

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
n2casey said:

No buddy partitions are not shown! And thats the problem.

The link is not working!

Last edited:

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ Anindya

Just place ur friend's HDD in ur PC as secondary or slave & check whether partitions r shown or not.

@ konstAnt

It seems that u r overconfident for ur knowledge. Other members can also know something that u don't know.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Go to "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management" and see if the other partition is visible there ?

OP
Anindya

Anindya

In the zone
To n2casey and konstant Thanks for your help I will definitely try it out.

To Ashish Windows not booting so i dont think it is possible. If it is then please tell me the steps.

Thanks To All !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom