Inside India’s CAPTCHA solving economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Source: *blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1835

No CAPTCHA can survive a human that’s receiving financial incentives for solving it, and with an army of low-wagedIndia CAPTCHA breakers human CAPTCHA solvers officially in the business of “data processing” while earning a mere $2 for solving a thousand CAPTCHA’s, I’m already starting to see evidence of consolidation between India’s major CAPTCHA solving companies. The consolidation logically leading to increased bargaining power, is resulting in an international franchising model recruiting data processing workers empowered with do-it-yourself CAPTCHA syndication web based kits, API keys, and thousands of proxies to make their work easier, and the process more efficient.

Read On..........

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I got psyched when I read this article. Seen so many of those make money from home without moving your butt ads. Never thought it was this.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
so many other menial works like this goes around in digitalpoint forums' 'services' section. like paid forum posting, blog commenting (mainly spam comments), orkut/myspace friend adding, scrapping all.

:(

_

I got psyched when I read this article. Seen so many of those make money from home without moving your butt ads. Never thought it was this.
:eek:
so those ads I see on BMTC buses include these CAPCHA breaking services ?
I don't know whether to be angry, happy, sad or surprised.
For now, I am only stunned.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Sad. This shows how pathetic standards of work are. You know what, I'm surprised we dont have such kind of jobs to send spam mails. 1000 clicks at the send button for 2$

Mystic

wise one
I get some strange feeling of slavery. Oh well.
chandru.in said:
Old news. Still this indeed is sad. India must lose its image of cheap labor and become a high quality skill base.

If you're talking in general about outsource, I really wish the people get full aware of what they're being paid for, to be skilled, not just recruiting everyone and its goldfish. India doesn't really have a good image in a manner of qualified-skilled workers, just cheap labors.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
So, India is contributing to the zillions of spam we get and fake profiles/ids which turns up :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom