infrared help neeeded....

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel

Broken In
hey pals...neeeded some help.

i have a usb infrared dongle...

works good on xp...

but if i plug it for a long time..... like 5 hrs...

then it stops working automaticaslly....

and doesnt even start even if i restart the pc.

i checked it drivers installed... and there was an option checked

that stated, turn off the device to save power...

i unchecked the option..then 2 the device isnt working..

needed help.

thanx

angel

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
I`m connected to net with the Ir Port for my T610 for the Last 1`n`half month, i never had any problem !! As far as I think it`s hardware Prob.!!

visvo

Journeyman
myself is connected tooo ...not having any problem i think u uninstall the software and then reinstall it and if still problem persist then do check ur port cable or a change is invitable

OP
A

angel

Broken In
hey pal...

thanx for answering...

but i m using the dongle for the past 7 months and this problem has never come up...till now...if i format the windows..then the port starts working again.
and for the drivers part...

i dont use 1...cause windows automatically detects it so i never install any.....

i have WINXP sp2 instaled....on my system

thanx

angel

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
To Tell ya frankly mate....Ir Dongle Totally Sucks.....it works for sometime and then some or the other problem erupts out...my Usb Y-610 Irda had the same problem first it properly used to dectect and work.....until (yea there's always until...) the problem started it dosent detect my phone or for that matter any other phone....tried everything from checking the USB port to loading the drivers properly....formatting to checking my phone's software....but all in vain dude...forget it anyways if ya have a bluetooth connectivity then go get a bluetooth dongle..... :D

OP
A

angel

Broken In
ya pal...same prob here 2...

windows detects the irda successfully... and says that the devise is working properly. but the port doesnt detect any mobile around. i downloaded the latest softs also 2day but still i cant make it run...

i m using a T610 set. yes it has bluetooth connectivity. but i dont want 2 spend on it now.

so is there any way 2 solve this prob... *smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/knockout.gif

thanx

angel

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
how is the adapter connected? i mean
1.directly on the usb port
2.a usb cable from a usb port and to the adapter

i know its funny but i had the same problem and my adapter was connected as 1. i tried out 2. and its workin fine now for past 6 months.
them computers are funny......i aint.

OP
A

angel

Broken In
i use BA-120 adaptar... company BAFO....

it came along with an extension cord for the usb....

and is connected with it 2 my pc.

thanx

angel

yash

I draw every day
hey guys sorry to revive a dead thread but i need help regarding this too.but my case is a little different.i dont have a dongle.my laptop(inspiron 600m) has inbuilt infrared port.i was using it for about 2 months but then after a few days of not using it it got screwed up.
previously whenever i brought my cell with infrared on in front of it, it detected 6230 as another computer and it was really easy to directly send and recieve files between them.but now that dosent happen.i cant send files from my mobile-it always fails.and i cant even use infrared connection in nokia pc suite it gives some error if i click on infrared in the connection manager
please help me out guys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom