infected by "Khatarnak.exe" virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Just an hour ago my VISTA was infected by Khatarnak.exe virus.

Here is what happened.

1. As usual Taskmanger was disabled. tuneup taskmanger showed a file named khatarnak.exe,pics.exe,secret.exe.
2. my all drives was now showing files like newfolder,windows,pics,secrets,pictures,song, etc and guess what all of them had FOLDER ICONS.
3. regedit was disable. while openin regedit it show a message "OPEN REGISTERY LATER U FOOL"
4. OPERA was closing ONLY wen i was searchin how to remove this virus showing a message "MUHAHAHAHAHA!"

i booted into XP and deleted all those files(thank god xp is still safe).
i really enjoyed those funny messages but now the following PROBLEMS PERSISTES
1. Folder option is missing
2. Whenever i start my vista only a explorer window opens and i hav to manually start the explorer.
3. no taskmanger.

plz tell me how to correct these all and how to make sure that the virus has been deleted.

F!_!CKING AVAST DIDNT DETECT A SINGLE THING.:mad::mad::mad: now i AM GOING TO DITCH AVAST AND MOVE TO KASPERSKY or NOD32.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I've been misled into a false sense of security when I was using Avast. After switching to Kaspersky, I scanned my system and found some nasty critters that Avast didn't detect!! Currently I'm using ESET Smart Security (NOD32 AV + Firewall) and I'm more than happy with it. I would advise u to switch to Kaspersky or NOD32 and keep it updated.

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ thnks for warning... i m currently using Avast... it was not catcing any virus and hence i had decided to change my antivirus... but i was lazy enough to do it... anyways i will do it now.. BUT NOD32 is not a freeware... WAT TO DO AFTER IT EXPIRES?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
^^ thnks for warning... i m currently using Avast... it was not catcing any virus and hence i had decided to change my antivirus... but i was lazy enough to do it... anyways i will do it now.. BUT NOD32 is not a freeware... WAT TO DO AFTER IT EXPIRES?
SImply BUY IT
Its cheap
or go green

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
thanks to all for help.

i corrected all the problems myself.:):) but i just need a good good antivirus to make sure that the virus is gone completely.

i need a very big hammer to HAMMER AVAST:mad:. i wasted my 2 hours time on it and i hav internal exams tomorrow. F!_!CK U AVAST :mad:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
KAV is a good option.

been using it.

----------
btw, same prbl solved here too *forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=63034

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
++1 for kas
it finds all those viruses and successfully heals all infected files and deletes all virus files. And it instantly detects ny virus when u plug in ny usb devices and heals them right away w/o disturbing ny userfiles.
Updates are released frequently and updates sizes are small enuf for even slower connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.