Indie Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
0.1.6. I think that is the latest. I had fun with a couple of BBS levels on Voxatron. :)

Finished Steel Storm Burning Retribution. Boy, this game was challenging and needs some awareness. You can't just blindly press the shoot button and go on to kill everything in sight. Enemies spawn pretty randomly and repair pods make negotiating certain levels really tough. In the end, this was a fun game which got a little repetitive. Excellent for a single playthrough. Provides around 10-20 hours of gameplay depending on how much time you want to spend in-game. If you are better than me at playing this game, you'll be done much faster though. :p

I left it on the middle. Will continue after I'm done with BTM.

Anyway, tried out Gish. Me not likey. :(

EDIT:
*cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/630731388109525263/F6151CCF39D35900D7136BB2AD7BDEF825FD2E9C/

TNT4U

Dang hard. :(

Krow

Crowman
Started Ben there Dan that. Really funny dialogues in there. I am beginning to feel I paid too little for the 2nd bundle.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Tried a bit of VVVVVV. It's nice. Needs a controller I think. Keyboard is a pain.
Running it with Desura in Arch 64.
*i.imgur.com/mz7EE.png

Krow

Crowman
Ben there Dan that is soooo funny sometimes. Really good point and click stuff. Best I've played after machinarium. I don't have the intelligence to solve all puzzles but I managed quite a few without Google. Still playing. Spent around three hours in game. :)

Indieroyale guys know their stuff for sure.

Soumik99

Journeyman
An indie game> www.stealth*******.com oops.. can't write the name! auto star filling. >.< Its stealthb*stard. remove the star and add a.
Very good game. And that too for free. You all may want to check it out. I played it. found it interesting. :)

Krow

Crowman
Thanks for posting Soumik. I'll check it out. :)

Finished Ben there Dan that. Really really really good game. Very witty and the story is fantastic. :)

Indieroyale really big bundle is up for preorder at $4. You can pay more of course. The games will be revealed when the bundle launches. Nice move for those who are sure they will buy and don't want server crashing on them.

Next indieroyale bundle will start at $2.99. The timer is gone from their website. They will launch the bundle next week and not on Thursday. Hmmm. I am thinking of preordering.

Oh yeah they have removed the schedule of two bundles a week.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Party is on! none of u guys posted this? shame on jooo
The Humble Introversion Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)
pick of the lot is uplink its kickass the rest are mehs... the extras are beutiful tho, subversion is sweet cant believe they packed ino so much so quickly, and voxel, well... its not a well made demo but it shows the potential of voxel based engines... little bit.. maybe lol

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spending too much on games this year, 40% of them on bundles. :(

Already have Crayon Physics. Other games have heard or read about. Let's see.

BTW, nice to see you posting. ;)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Uplink? I'm tempted.
Sigh but was it really needed to have it as a separate bundle? Jeez. And Humble Bundle 4 is coming soon too.

Finished VVVVVV btw. Sadly the remaining 4 trinklets, 3 are way difficult to achieve, while no idea how to get to the fourth.

Krow

Crowman
Uplink? I'm tempted.
Sigh but was it really needed to have it as a separate bundle? Jeez. And Humble Bundle 4 is coming soon too.

Finished VVVVVV btw. Sadly the remaining 4 trinklets, 3 are way difficult to achieve, while no idea how to get to the fourth.

Did you get the one on doing things the hard way?

Bought the humble bundle for a really low price. Too many bundles now. Looked at the top of the page. It says humble Indie bundle # 4 is coming soon. :-(

Krow

Crowman
100000 gone. Humblebundles are more popular than indieroyale bundles. Waaaaaaaay more popular.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's because not many people are aware of IR atm. Humble is there for quite a long time. ;)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
100000 gone. Humblebundles are more popular than indieroyale bundles. Waaaaaaaay more popular.
In HIB, a game has to be cross-platform all three of Windows, OS X, and Linux. That alone makes it a lot popular. It has a cult status among Linux gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom