India's very first Olympic Gold in Beijing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Abhinav Bindra clinches India's first gold

DOING THE NATION PROUD: Abhinav Bindra won the air rifle gold at the World shooting championship, India's first-ever in the sport, in Zagreb on Monday. — File photo: P.V. Sivakumar
ZAGREB: Abhinav Bindra clinched the World Champioship gold, the first ever for the country in shooting, with a spectacular performance in the air rifle final on Monday.

The 23-year-old Delhi lad, a two-time Olympian, went into the final a joint leader with two others at 597, and shot a 102.1 in a nerve-wracking climax to emerge top from a strong field of 122 shooters from nearly 100 countries.

Source

It's about time!

iinfi

mekalodu
i was jus abt to post this .... :)

congrats from a billion people to Abhinav Bindra ..... BINGOOOOO

_______

Broken In
Great, Abhinav has made us feel very proud .. atlast after 20 years.

Hurray!!!! Chale chalo ....

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Congrats to Abhinav Bindra.. Gold it is.. in 1980's the western countries boycotted the Olympics due to Soviet Union's attack on Afghanistan.. agar wo participate karte to us time gold nahi aata..

I waited 22 years to see this moment .. the moment of Indian Flag high and National Anthem being sung in Olympics.. its the greatest moment of my life..

govindeconn

HD4850 is hottt!!
a GOLD:shock:!!!!

woweee.... at last a OLYMPIC GOLD.. and indian national anthem played after a looong time!!, congrats abhinav!:smile:

chandru.in

In the zone
Yippie! Feels great to see an individual gold medal for India in Olympics.

Hope this time we win some more medals and break the history of having just one medal in each Olympic.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Best news ever for a sports fan in India. Thank you Bindra.

Bet this is some good news for dreamcatcher as well (click)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Great............ Go INDIA go :)

one more good news for India "Saina Nehwal in Badminton quarters" she defeated fourth seed Chen Wang of Hong Kong.

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah and now Aaj Tak will beat the hell out of every viewer who is watching the news by continuously playing Chak De India song for a month.. :D

Lets hope that we bring more gold medals.

Renny

Padawan
Atlast! Great going, I really wish these kind of sports would get the same recognition and popularity like cricket, then we would really be winning more medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom