India's very first Olympic Gold in Beijing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ya, its good that india atleast has the potential to win a gold. :lol:

whatever Bindra won, its all his hard work.

as far it goes India = Cricket Cricket Cricket Cricket:|
& WTF, they lost today:lol:

go spend even more money on them:lol:
they won a cheap 20-20 trophy, there goes ALL INDIA on Cricket team's a$$ hailing them:lol:
pathetic

what other sports is india good in?

Last edited:

chandru.in

In the zone
Indians hail and pray cricketers who sometimes win and mostly lose.

But they miss our chess champion Anand who is rated as the #1 player internationally.

*ratings.fide.com/top.phtml?list=men (Link currently has July '08 ratings may change in course of time).

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@s18000

dude.. I mean.. the National Anthem being sung at Beijing and Tri-color being raised high.. should be the greatest moment of any Indian's life.. Now i can see how much patriotism u have..

and agar aapko English samjh nahi aati to translate.google.com bhi hai.. mere bhai..

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Glad to hear this. Congraats Abhinav.

By the way India's lose at the cricket test at the same time will help many
to think openly.

Thanks Abhinav..!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
sorry hellknight

@s18000

dude.. I mean.. the National Anthem being sung at Beijing and Tri-color being raised high.. should be the greatest moment of any Indian's life.. Now i can see how much patriotism u have..

and agar aapko English samjh nahi aati to translate.google.com bhi hai.. mere bhai..
i'm sorry for that harsh reply, it wasnt actually me who quoted you.
i was in a friends' room, maybe i left his pc for sometime & one of the guys (most prolly the north indian noob, as none of the others kno hindi, excpt me & him) quoted you.

its not the way i reply.

& i'm not that cheap to reply in such a way.

i apologise:) ... for that crap.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
wthell?

so you say allll those money, hype, money....... given to the cricketers was worth it?

look at that pankaj guy, he's a WC.

wth, i bet you forgot dhanraj pillai.

20-20 = time pass cricket. it shouldnt have been celebrated as such,
its ok if you celebrate, but dont forget the other ppl who have achievd more, i.e., without such support.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
wthell?

so you say allll those money, hype, money....... given to the cricketers was worth it?

look at that pankaj guy, he's a WC.

wth, i bet you forgot dhanraj pillai.

20-20 = time pass cricket. it shouldnt have been celebrated as such,
its ok if you celebrate, but dont forget the other ppl who have achievd more, i.e., without such support.

No one can ever forget Dhanraj Pillai ... He's the guy who changed the face of Indian Hockey !

As far as the money is concerned , isn't Abhinav Bindra now getting lots of money , loads of lacs ! Hoping that u have read the newspapers ! ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ya. coz he won a medal, a gold at it.

now politicians will make sure toopen some shoting ranges/schools:lol:.

look at china, USA...

china & usa hav athletes in every sport, why cant india be like that.

why celebrate for "a" gold like this.

damn, if we had to wait for one gold medal this long, dunno how many decades it's going to take for india to compete against nations like usa, chine....
LOL

china is a developing country like india, but look at the way they are progressing.
will India ever host a Olympic?
Singapore has won for 2012 olym.:eek:
wtf is singapore compared to india?

chandru.in

In the zone
As far as the money is concerned , isn't Abhinav Bindra now getting lots of money , loads of lacs ! Hoping that u have read the newspapers ! ;)
But that is only after he won the medal. Does that hold true for Indian cricket?

Also, before Olympics there was lot of news flying around about shooting not getting enough govt. support like providing ammunitions for practice. In spite, of that Abhinav has won so he deserves all that cash and possibly even more.

On the other hand, BCCI is known to be the richest cricket board of India but how many World cups do we have? Just one. Australia have 4 and West Indies have 2.

A nation with far far far better infrastructure than India. :p

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
A nation with far far far better infrastructure than India. :p
that i know:D
imeant by its size.
i think idia has more money too:p

--------
btw, look at that poor manipur girl, she couldn't go to china,coz of cheap sprts persnl.
he wanted his states' girl to go compete:|, but she didnt qualify.. or something, so nobody went for weight lifting...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ya. coz he won a medal, a gold at it.

now politicians will make sure toopen some shoting ranges/schools:lol:.

look at china, USA...

china & usa hav athletes in every sport, why cant india be like that.

why celebrate for "a" gold like this.

damn, if we had to wait for one gold medal this long, dunno how many decades it's going to take for india to compete against nations like usa, chine....
LOL

china is a developing country like india, but look at the way they are progressing.
will India ever host a Olympic?
Singapore has won for 2012 olym.:eek:
I agree, instead of celebrating encourage the potential talent.

afonofa

Journeyman
Sure he deserves some cash reward and a LOT of recognition, but not as much money as he is being awarded now. Last I read the total reward amount till now was ~4 crores! He doesn't even need that much money. He has plenty of his dad's. Didn't his dad say he's going to gift him a 200crore hotel?

Give him say 25 lacs and use the rest of the money to train more people and in different sports so we can win more golds(or atleast a bronze) in the future. This gold is probably the peak of his career. We should be looking towards encouraging and training future athletes.

I agree with what most people here feel about the ridiculous amount of money going into cricket and with average to below average results.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Regarding development in China.. its economy was freed in the 70's.. ours in 1991.. they're a communist nation.. ever heard about strike in China?.. none.. and in India.. ha ha.. They've one child policy there.. and in India.. we've a failed policy of We two our two... and acc. to the sports ministry.. India will bid for the 2016 or 2020 Olympics games..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom