India's Ganguly may quit international cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
**afp.google.com/media/ALeqM5gDMgugoFPQrsLUMajSy0-euGw_Nw?size=m

NEW DELHI (AFP) — Former India captain Sourav Ganguly may quit international cricket "sooner rather than later" with him facing the axe for the upcoming home series against Australia, a report said Tuesday.
The 36-year-old was left out of the Rest of India squad for the five-day Irani Cup match against Ranji Trophy champions Delhi in Vadodara from September 24, seen as a trial match for next month's Test series.
Ganguly's omission from a virtual Test line-up that includes fellow seniors Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble and Venkatsai Laxman means he is unlikely to figure in the highly anticipated series starting in Bangalore on October 9.
The Telegraph newspaper, published from Ganguly's home city of Kolkata, said the stylish left-hander may not attempt to make a comeback into the Indian team.
"The fight may just have gone out of Sourav Ganguly," the paper said in a frontpage story.

More...

Another news: Coach Kirsten wanted Ganguly out

I am sure Dada has lots left in him. Especially in his comeback, he has consistently scored over 40-50 runs a match and is still a devastating force on the Indian side. The balls he has are also rather good, with his odd combo of swing plus line plus length minus speed.

I doubt he would go soon.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Seriously, he should've retired after that extremely successful Australian tour.

Dragging till death does not do any good.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I am still at bay as to why was ganguly dropped ahead of dravid. Dravid failed repeatedly and continues to do so but is still retained.

Bloody politics, an anyways i dont give a damn to cricket anyway.bloody boring. I will start when the next IPL season begins.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Kumble is also backs this decision as Ganguly was not in form!! .....
Murali, Mendis , bhajji took lots of wickets in last test series, what performance Kumble did in those same pitch? Statistics telling that he is also not in form for last few series.

Rahim

Married!
The irony is not once did Mendis took Ganguly's wicket but Tendulkar(kuch kar nahiin pata phir bhi team mein rehta hai), Dravid or VVS were bamboozled by him, yet the axe fell on Sourav :(
There has to be a common yardstick for everybody and especially for that has-been Tendulkar :p
Yeh sab politics ke kaaran main Cricket nahiin dekhta hoon :(
MSD & Yuvraj: The Future Politicians in BCCI.

Edburg

In the zone
For Sachin,Dravid,Ganguly,VVS

"Either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

may be i am watching too much movies lately :)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
The irony is not once did Mendis took Ganguly's wicket but Tendulkar(kuch kar nahiin pata phir bhi team mein rehta hai), Dravid or VVS were bamboozled by him, yet the axe fell on Sourav :(
There has to be a common yardstick for everybody and especially for that has-been Tendulkar :p
Yeh sab politics ke kaaran main Cricket nahiin dekhta hoon :(
MSD & Yuvraj: The Future Politicians in BCCI.

Yeah, Sachin didn't perform well in the series. But he was definitely amongst the better odi players this season and performed well in the latter parts of tri-series in Austrailia and even before.Even when he was in a bad form, he maintained a decent avg(late 30's to early 40's).Pls dont tell me, his nomination for best odi player is based on politics alone. It was really sad that Saurav Ganguly was sacked when he seemed to be in pretty good form even taking a few valuable wickets.

ancientrites

In the zone
i dont understand why coach dislikes dada.earlier chappel and now kirsten.I believe most of the indian players retire at 38-39 and dada still has 2-3 years left.So i think dada shouldnt think of retirement.

dreamsalive

Broken In
ya he sud retire nw as he's rusty with bat from a long long time . His time's over
and he's useless to team irrespective of how much yrs of cricket he's left in him.
same may apply to dravid if continues to dig his grave.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/10large.png*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/22large.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom