Indian intelligence agency

Anish

Spectre
Everyone probably would know about Indian intelligence agency RAW. But its sad to note that there is no dedicated website for them from the year 1968!!:shock:

But see the FBI (www dot fbi dot gov) The website is very much sophesticated. IT has a section for fun and games(like cracking codes.) too. And they also offer intern ship (wow_)

But i cant understand why they didn't yet have a website.
Is it because, they choose to be hidden?
Are there not enough web designers in India?
Will it cost much which they can use somewhere?
Cant they manage it?

It's a government agency for goddamn sake.:-x

Baker

Albicelestes
i dont understand what is so much importance of having a website..... as long as our intelligence agency works well... i am fine that

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
But what if you want to contact the RAW, ?
Will you go all the way to the office?
Keeping and maintaining a website would help a lot isn't it?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
They'd definitely listen to you if you have something important to say instead of "What? Police:!::!::!::lol:"

OP
Anish

Anish

Spectre
No, dude, i think you did'nt yet catch my idea..
I mean,
Maintaining a website

- can be used for the public for direct contact (instead of routing via police etc)
- They can list recruitment credentials
- They can list the job opportunities which will be static instead of searching the newspapers
- Let users submit crime and terrorism news

I mean, take a look at the fbi homepage, You will get my idea better.:smile:

Baker

Albicelestes
No, dude, i think you did'nt yet catch my idea..
I mean,
Maintaining a website

- can be used for the public for direct contact (instead of routing via police etc)
- They can list recruitment credentials
- They can list the job opportunities which will be static instead of searching the newspapers
- Let users submit crime and terrorism news

I mean, take a look at the fbi homepage, You will get my idea better.:smile:

-- they are not meant for handling any public issues so that we can contact them directly , we have plenty of others doing that

--- they are not all recruit directly from public , they are selecting from toppers of IPS ,NDA,CDS and other expeirnced proffesionals

--- same as above

--- they are supposed to get the intellegince and stop the terrorist activities not users need to inform them abt any terror news

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
FBI != RAW+IB+NSA ~ CIA

btw when our spine itself is damaged, our priority should not be worrying about having a pretty face.

_

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
@DigitalDude: A country is made by its citizens. If you speak like this then there is no hope! Which country does not have issues? We have our own set of them, but there is no need speak so negatively about it. Aren't we working on those issues? Have some patience. :)

Ontopic: Though a website would be nice, maybe they were confused about what all to put on the site. Moreover there's always a risk of getting site/server hacked and putting the information in jeopardy (if at all any important information is there).

rajeevk

Journeyman
If any body have any problem then we have Police or CBI officials to contact. But RAW is a undercover agency and it works in the country's interest not every individual's interest. Even if they will have a website it will become a point of interest for the hackers.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
but Anish is saying that FBI (or CIA for that matter) does the same job in US and have websites. I mean we don't need to do everything US does but still...this is internet age.

rajeevk

Journeyman
USA is much more hi-tech than India. Actually I don't think there is any need of RAW website. They can't disclose any information and even if they make any website then also they will not share much information on the website.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
ROFL! Having a gadget to swipe your nose (I was about write a worse body part!) doesn't make US "hi-tech" than India. They are developed country, yes; but I do not know on what grounds you made that statement. We are developing nation, yes; but it does not mean we get to use only Intel i7 while they have i14 at their disposal!

Anyways, I concur with the reasons you said.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@DigitalDude: A country is made by its citizens. If you speak like this then there is no hope! Which country does not have issues? We have our own set of them, but there is no need speak so negatively about it. Aren't we working on those issues? Have some patience. :)

[...]

umm what did I say negatively ? I said we have important problems to fix guys so start worrying about them and not this :grin:

ROFL! Having a gadget to swipe your nose (I was about write a worse body part!) doesn't make US "hi-tech" than India. They are developed country, yes; but I do not know on what grounds you made that statement. We are developing nation, yes; but it does not mean we get to use only Intel i7 while they have i14 at their disposal!

Anyways, I concur with the reasons you said.

gagan bhai you are speaking about people like us we are miniscule in number. btw only 15% of people have access to internet in India. so yes US is a hi-tech country than India and we have half the population below poverty line. we generally do not give importance to websites etc like they do in US.

btw one correction instead of NIA i wrote NSA :p

_

Top Bottom