Indian government to ban US based email services for official communications.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I will say its a good move (if used only for official purpose)
Government should use own hosted and India based server.

Indian hosted servers will also be much faster.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
I also suggest using Indian Based Dedicated servers for Indian Websites and Emails. Now a Days domains and host link are costing Less then Car maintenance per Year ... they should Use india.gov site as Email and hosting and available to all Govt employes in work requiring Mails and others stuff .

Also To note !! - Don't use BlackBerry , Iphone or Other mail push servers for mail Clients , They have PUSH mail service which also is great threat.

India is capable of making blackberry Push Servers by taking Help of CDAC , IIT or other institutes !!!

sijugk

Right off the assembly line
Finally some sense prevailed. They should not have allowed an outside private company with the ability to access official/govt communication in the first place. Don't ask how Gmail has access to each users' emails.

Cyberspying: Government may ban Gmail for official communication

Source : Cyberspying: Government may ban Gmail for official communication - The Times of India

Makes sense?

I support this move. Since after PRISM, we cannot trust foreign companies to handle government officials reports.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
for all who think that just using non-google services will get them rid of privacy intrusion, well think again... govt/companies don't give a damn about your privacy...
for the record, GMAIL "reads" each & every one of your email. That's why they can filter out Spam, Categorize your emails into Tabs, mark yellow the Important ones . Yahoo & Microsoft also read your email. It's always a computer reading those emails but nevertheless, its scary.
google is doing very good in terms of letting us know what they are taking , read their privacy policy, account activity reports... on the other hand Microsoft , who comes up Scroogle ads , are giving away your data happily.. Companies based in USA are the biggest worry now that we know about the PRISM program. US Govt issues these companies what is called "National Security Letter" which literally slits their throats . They are not even allowed to say that "We have received requests for data from the Government". This snooping must have been known in political quarters in which case it's not surprising to see the delay in our Govt's decision making.
One should always clear the cache/cookies n all to have some degree of protection but its not the solution. Tor or services alike provide some damn good degree of protection/privacy. Anyways, as takemein above said: "Privacy is a delusion. Don't prevail in real world":
*i.imgur.com/wo72y81.jpg

Top Bottom