India has lowest average broadband connection speed in APAC

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nothing unusual here..

India and Philippines have recorded the lowest average broadband connection speed in Asia-Pacific region at 3.5 Mbps, while South Korea dominated the segment with highest average connection speed at 29 Mbps in the first quarter of this year, according to a study conducted by Akamai Technologies.

Comparatively, Philippines recorded had better average peak connection speed at 29.9 Mbps, against India’s average peak connection speed at 25.5 Mbps, which was again lowest in the region.

The study revealed that Singapore remained in the top spot for average peak connection speed at 146.9 Mbps. During the *first quarter of 2016, Akamai observed moderate, positive connectivity growth across most of the Asia-Pacific region, with some countries showing strong growth in particular.

Source:India record lowest broadband connection speed in Asia-Pacific region at 3.5 Mbps in Q1: Akamai

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Again? :yawn_NF:

- - - Updated - - -

Also the PDF of the actual Akamai report - *www.akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/do...amai-state-of-the-internet-report-q1-2016.pdf

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Why not update the old thread and change the title to Akamai broadband report. It reports every quarter.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ho no, im not getting my full speed :(
*www.speedtest.net/result/5451535910.png

- - - Updated - - -

here is the old thread *forum.digit.in/technology-news/181...age-internet-speed-asia-pacific-akamai-8.html

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

- - - Updated - - -

here is the old thread *forum.digit.in/technology-news/181...age-internet-speed-asia-pacific-akamai-8.html

what's your fup and plan cost

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Akamai should consider mean instead of average so that the stats don't get skewed due to a minority of people like above. Also Akamai needs to find a way to track data caps.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

- - - Updated - - -

Dat speed. Are you running an Empire? :thinking_NF:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Our speed is sufficiently ok for working in office, downloading a watchable movie everyday and some online gaming ...I am getting 4 Mbps unlimited for 900 in mumbai...I dont ask for anything more

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Our speed is sufficiently ok for working in office, downloading a watchable movie everyday and some online gaming ...I am getting 4 Mbps unlimited for 900 in mumbai...I dont ask for anything more
Which ISP?
What Plan?

Top Bottom