Increased references to India in Hollywood movies/tv shows

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I go on countering your statements it will be a wastage of time & energy most importantly way out of topic. Thus lets leave it here.
At last you said something right.It is indeed pointless to counter my statements with your/this level of understanding.I suggest reading about The New Deal and World War II & US food assistance to India in 1965.
The New Deal and World War II | IIP Digital
U.S.-India: Dealing With Monsoon Failure - The Globalist

From now onwards any post relating to US/India comparison or bashing will be moved to a new thread & if that thread gets sufficient no. of posts i will move all such posts(including mine) already here to that thread.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I guess we lost our way from where we started.

Back to topic: Increased references to India in Hollywood movies/tv shows

The reason is simple. Marketing. Indians make up a significant size of America's population. Further, India has become bigger market for Hollywood movies and there are lots of Indians all over Hollywood's market.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I guess we lost our way from where we started.

Back to topic: Increased references to India in Hollywood movies/tv shows

The reason is simple. Marketing. Indians make up a significant size of America's population. Further, India has become bigger market for Hollywood movies and there are lots of Indians all over Hollywood's market.

This makes a lot of sense. There are more Hollywood movies being in screened in India than before.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
:D The reference was in the trailer too , still
Indian Surveillance drone ...

Just saw Interstellar, the reference to the Indian surveillance drone wasn't bad.It was scientific, although I don't understand why it specifically was mentioned as being Indian.

Gollum

Collector
Just saw Interstellar, the reference to the Indian surveillance drone wasn't bad.It was scientific, although I don't understand why it specifically was mentioned as being Indian.

I have never seen that drone in the sky? :D

Gollum

Collector
Even an aeroplane looks small from my terrace. -__-

But in the movie, they showed the thing from a very close distance. In which, it should have looked much bigger but it looked like a slightly big sized kite

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
The truth is the only reason they mention India because they know India has a huge audience mentioning India will make their movies more popular here. We indians maybe much better than them at studies but trust me we don't have other mind qualities like planning and decisions also moral values the only reason even we have great minds still we are third world

- - - Updated - - -

Plus you think mentioning India in Hollywood movies is a compliment for us?

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Has anybody noticed an increase in references to India in Hollywood movies/tv shows ? . Most of these references relate to India being a technological competitor or a significant presence in Asia.

I don't remember each and every case but from the top of my head, I noticed a reference to India in the latest Transformers movie and most recently in Person Of Interest S04E06.

I believe this trend showcases the acceptance of our technological prowess by the world.

Anybody else notice this ?

Cheers!
Abhijit
i remember a reference from transformer:dark of the moon,when they call DC for support and a indian tech support guy starts saying about the plans :-o

amjath

Human Spambot
i remember a reference from transformer:dark of the moon,when they call DC for support and a indian tech support guy starts saying about the plans :-o
I remember, it's the first part not third. Indian call center guy was asking for details and credit card number and all.

Top Bottom