Increased references to India in Hollywood movies/tv shows

$hadow

Geek in making
^^We still live in a country where Govt. Schools toilet are locked so that children do not use it. It is really a shame to even read articles like this.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lots of movies showcase lots of other countries. But since we as Indians mostly notice people of our country more easily than others.

So I believe, it's nothing like "this trend being showcasing the acceptance of our technological prowess by the world" as said by OP.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Patel Corp buying out Ingen's assets in Jurassic World definitely fits in nicely with OP's theory

$hadow

Geek in making
If I recall correctly Avengers also have a scene of some Indian slum or something like that.

amjath

Human Spambot
They done referring Abraham Lincoln as vampire hunter, John f Kennedy as mutant now they are looking for some character here in India :lol:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The Americans don't really acknowledge India as anything and including India in their movie plots is probably just because it's a new idea.

I don't want to start.
but of all the americans I have met majority of them were "dumb" who even does not understand their own language (even though it was explained in simple sentences) Keeping that aside I never hit their community by saying all americans are dumb.Which would't have been entirely true too. But these people have no such courtesy they will go on insulting the whole country due to the mistake of one person. Shockingly people don't protest them also.

I would blame our present stupid countrymen too for giving them such importance and relying on them. Honestly if you visit youtube you will see many such comments.Furious 7 - Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yea, YouTube comments, lol.

Whole YouTube integration with G+ happened mainly to tackle this stupid comments issue. :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Chill bro.

No one is "chat"ing anyone's shoes. What I want to say is that American's don't care much and India is just another prop for their movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

snap

Lurker
I was laughing that you get offended by youtube comments, i thought it was already known how dumb those comments can be...

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
The Americans don't really acknowledge India as anything and including India in their movie plots is probably just because it's a new idea.

An average american also think's that kangaroo's are found in Austria, so I wouldn't really take such people seriously.

The people who make the movies/tv shows, thankfully are more enlightened.

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] Of course I am not a representative of those 90% otherwise I would't have posted that thing.
Sometimes some of these americans may behave as if they are some higher ranked species & not human beings.
On the other hand I have slightly good experiences with french people (Though I have only met couple of them thus this may not be true for everyone) They have good knowledge & understanding too.

Btw whenever I read anything those dumb foreigners are posting against us I get very angry & I am not ashamed of it. If most of us had this anger then we wouldn't have been living under their fundings and stupidity. We would have been a very strong country.

Top Bottom