Income Tax Raid un-earths Rs. 35,00,00,00,00,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailgautam

Youngling
I hope got the number of Zeros correct. Yes in the largest amount unearthed ever, Income Tax Dept has got about Rs. 35,000 Crore. phew!

Shamelessly Copy/Pasted from: Economic Times

MUMBAI/PUNE: If officers in investigating agencies are to be believed , this stud farm owner could be the latest Indian billionaire on the block — possibly as rich as DLF boss K.P. Singh or even richer. His wealth is said to be in the region of Rs 20,000 crore to Rs 35,000 crore. Most of this money — and here’s the catch — is unaccounted.

Here’s introducing 53-year-old Hassan Ali Khan, owner of some pedigreed horses who also trades in thoroughbreds. He owns a couple of Mercs, has property in Mumbai and Pune, friends among the rich and the famous, and shuttles between the two cities in his limousine during the racing season.

For three weeks in January-February , Khan was at the Jehangir hospital in Pune with cardiac and liver problems. This was almost immediately after he was raided by a joint team of income-tax and enforcement department sleuths on his properties in different cities. Since his release from the hospital, Khan has not been spotted.

This was the time when the buzz about Khan and his alleged wealth grew. Until then, he had attracted attention on the Pune racing turf where he surfaced about five years ago as a small-time punter who suddenly became one of the biggest players. His contacts, by default, were with some of the top industrialists of western India who have an interest in horse trading.

On Thursday, sources in the I-T department told TOI that an investigation into fund transfers through illegal channels in and out of India for stock market investment led the sleuths to some Swiss bank accounts . And the case was linked to the raids conducted on Hassan Ali Khan in January. Khan has denied owning Swiss bank accounts and claimed the laptop recovered from his Peddar Road house in Mumbai, and which had Swiss bank account numbers, belonged to a friend.

The investigating agencies don’t seem to be convinced by this claim. According to sources, the Swiss government froze these shady accounts after Indian investigating agencies submitted evidence on the transfer of Indian funds through hawala for investments in the stock market.

The purpose of the transfers, said the sources, was to avail of tax waivers granted on investments that originate in countries which have a double taxation avoidance agreement with India.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
i was watching this news on tv wen a family member changed the channel. wat an amount. anyway tnx for posting.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
just raid any CM , ex CM and u will find loads of money, for example ex CM of harayana Chautala , when he became CM , he was having propery of just 6 lakhs and when he lost his chair after his reign , he was having wealth of 15000 crores.

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

This is the few example india not at all developing. I would like to see raids like this not just CM, they have to raid film actor and actress. I just wish Indian Government give them more power to income tax and cbi to do this.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
right said thunderbird, but then whose gonna prevent the income tax officers & anti-curroption department officers from going curropt :D

T

thunderbird.117

gx_saurav said:
right said thunderbird, but then whose gonna prevent the income tax officers & anti-curroption department officers from going curropt :D

Hmm.... I have no idea. Maybe you know? :D

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
~Phenom~ said:
just raid any CM , ex CM and u will find loads of money, for example ex CM of harayana Chautala , when he became PM , he was having propery of just 6 lakhs and when he lost his chair after his reign , he was having wealth of 15000 crores.

He was CM buddy

agar PM ban gaya to INdia ka kya hoga

T

thunderbird.117

piyush gupta said:
He was CM buddy

agar PM ban gaya to INdia ka kya hoga

We already have a PM like that now but the only thing is he does not leech. :D

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
seriously these ministers house sud be raided, wen the start they dont have anything and wen they leave the chair they end up earning for their seven generations that too lavishly.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I want only one person to get raided,looted all his black money and his goonadraj too-Lallu Parsad Yadav minister.many young forum members may not know his Cattle feed Maamla.he ate @ that time more than 2000 karod.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Hey Bhagwan .. So many zerooooooooos ooooh

god do some thing ... bcoz our judiciary has never done anything

Kill him and Arjun Singh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom