clock speed 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz. And the ram is 4Gb ddr3
1333MHz. Screen resolution is
1366x768pixel.

Thanks in
advance.

ram22693

That Elusive 7850 HD
2nd one.

Intel are no competitors to ATI/Nvidia, I suggest you give importance to graphics as well as your processor and choose the 2nd option. 2nd gen i5 is good enough for a couple of years at least. :)

Hrishi

Definitely 2nd generation if Gaming is your concern.
Integrated graphics are no match for Descrete GPU's when it comes to gaming.

Intel HD4000 series are one of the best IGPs in consumer market , but still they are IGPs.
Lack of dedicated memory reduces the performance..

The difference in 2nd gen and 3rd gen is mainly the Integrated GPU , smaller design , and higher base clock speed.
However 3rd gen are not considered good when it comes to overclocking and heat-up issues.

Though the RAM frequency is higher but still ,1333mhz vs 1600mhz won't make noticeable difference.

A 2nd Gen + Dedicated GPU will certainly beat a 3rd gen without dedicated GPu in gaming with large difference. (Assuming that the Dedicated GPu is not from stoneage:p)

As in case of HD4000 vs Amd Radeon HD7450M , here are the statistics :
Hd 7450M

And Intel HD4000.

As per the gaming FPS and performance , the difference is not that huge , still the Amd Radeon rules over the IGP.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pick up this laptop if only casual gaming is your priority - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159655-hp-g6-2005ax-powered-trinity.html

HD 7640G + HD 7670 Crossfire. Doesn't really get better than that in 33K.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Pick up this laptop if only casual gaming is your priority - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159655-hp-g6-2005ax-powered-trinity.html

HD 7640G + HD 7670 Crossfire. Doesn't really get better than that in 33K.

Absolutely.. I too would suggest you this 1 . Best lappy for gaming in sub 50k

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
Thanks for the suggestion. This hp module looks just great. I was thinking to go for dell. But now after seeing this model I have changed my mind. Just one question though. Can I buy extended warrenty from HP?

Also, will it be future proof for next 2-3 years? Or should I go for intel?

Last edited:
OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
I mean amd processor (hp model with dual amd graphics card) or intel processor (dell model with single amd graphics card?)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean amd processor (hp model with dual amd graphics card) or intel processor (dell model with single amd graphics card?)
AMD A8-4500M + Radeon HD 7640G + Radeon HD 7670 is much faster in games because of faster graphics.

Though processor wise, A8-4500M is equal to Core i3. But this shouldn't matter as you won't be feeling limited in anyway by this while reading documents, web browsing etc.

imo, that laptop is unbeatable for the price.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
I think even processing power of AMD one is greater but it doesnt matter to you since gaming is primary purpose for you ...

Get the AMD one. ( HP g6 20005 ax )

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
Actually I also use it for some c++, java and sql programming. There will be no problem, will there?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ that Asus one has GT 610M which is very slow for games. It might very well be the worst laptop you can buy for 32K.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Just one question though. Can I buy extended warrenty from HP?

heard about 1yr extra warranty. But some said about 2yr is available too. But these schemes are laptop specific AFAIK. So better to visit an authorized HP reseller and ask them. And they refresh these scheme every few months.

Also, will it be future proof for next 2-3 years? Or should I go for intel?

yup. safe for 2-3yrs. You can grab same laptop powered by 3rd gen Core i5 but that will cost you 42-43k. 10k increase.

Hey guys how about this model? Asus K53SD-SX809D / 2nd Gen Ci3/ 4 GB/ 500 GB/ 2GB Graphics/ Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

ci3-2350M(2nd gen); 4Gb DDR3; GeForce 610M(2Gb DDR3), 31k price

Intel HD4000 is faster than Nvidia GT610/520/520MX.

It might very well be the worst laptop you can buy for 32K.

true :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom