Status
Not open for further replies.

perk_bud

Journeyman
I have a dual partition one with windows XP and the other with windows ME.
yesterday after installing virtual dub and fifa 2005 demo from the digit cd on the windows me the system hanged after starting the game.After restart the
start button stopped working, few icons are missing and i cannot open either the control panel or the drives it gives the message your security setting does not allow to run Active x controls and when i went to change the folder
setting i could see only the dialog box and no options.I booted in safe mode
and uninstalled both the applications but even in safe mode it had the same prob.I scanned with the latest avast antivirus updates but nothing turned up.
Even the system restore doesn't work.

MY question is there a utility like the system file checker in windows 98 for windows ME so that i can restore the corrupt files.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
There are Many Utilities To Restore The System Files for Windows.... :D Check This Link To Check For The One That Meets Ur Need.... 8)
*www.filetransit.com/category.php?id=287

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ramank said:
Does this solution help?

Are Yaar The Link Provides U Again With a Sfc Tutorial For Winodws and The Thread Starter Requies An Alternative to The SFC Provided By Microsoft...... :cry:

Anyways Btw Perk_Bud Try Out System Sentry From Here *www.easydesksoftware.com/down.htm#Sentry Its a 10 Day Trial Version That u Download........Rest Will Have to search More for any Software if available Mate.....Till Then Try this one Out.... 8)

ramank

Broken In
allwyndlima said:
ramank said:
Does this solution help?

Are Yaar The Link Provides U Again With a Sfc Tutorial For Winodws and The Thread Starter Requies An Alternative to The SFC Provided By Microsoft...... :cry:
It also provides a way to restore system files in Windows ME. BTW, not only a SFC tutorial. ANd the thread starter didnt ask for an alternative, but a similar utility.
I think the s/w you have given would do the job :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ramank said:
allwyndlima said:
ramank said:
Does this solution help?

It also provides a way to restore system files in Windows ME. BTW, not only a SFC tutorial. ANd the thread starter didnt ask for an alternative, but a similar utility.
I think the s/w you have given would do the job :)

Lol.....No offence there Mate.....I know The Restoration process Is quite easy In ME And Well Could Say It felt Like a Tutorial Or rather a Procedure (Detailed One I Might Add :) ) For The SFC In windows.....Anways "Alternative" Is The Same As "Similar" Over here i Guess :wink: ....Peace. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom