In Big trouble! Please bail me out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom yorke

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everybody!!
My ISP You Telecom has charged me an unfair bill (it will be generated on 1st Nov).The details of my plan are

Name-YOU 500
Amount-550+ Service Tax + 0.8* NO OF EXTRA MBs Used.
Speed-upto 2Mbps
Download & Upload Limit-2.5 GB
Prepaid
This month they have unfairly shown usage to be in excess 2.5 GB .The reading at their website gives around 4GB.
This would mean i have to pay around RS 1200/-extra next month apart from the usual fee around Rs 600/- making it a total of around Rs1800/-.
This is unfair cause i have used internet like every month .& From my past records i have never used in excess of 2.5 GB.

I never downloaded extra content this month so i am in a fix because even their website reading is inauthenticate & they have shown inaccurate readings.

Many readings show downloads of 670,680 MBs when i never made them in the first place.So they show total usage around 4GB.

Default amount as per them will be 1200/- (Plus about 600/- for the coming month).

I don't want to pay so much amount, so should i apply for disconnection??
I have always paid my bills before time,have never defaulted till date ever since i have been their customer (for around 4 years).
What legal consequences i might face if i refuse to pay the unfair amount this time??Can this lead to harassment??

Do i need to approach the consumer court??Won't it lead to too many hassles & expenditure?
All my life i have never had a legal dispute about anything.
Please Suggest!*www.indiabroadband.net/images/smilies/confused.gif
*www.indiabroadband.net/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif *www.indiabroadband.net/images/buttons/quote.gif

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

U either can lodge complaints with the Top guys abt this... and stall ur bill until its cleared. or pay up..

This is india, so u need to go through hassles in order to do something at all.. we all do..
U been a loyal cutomer. that doesnt mean u can be pushed aroung. give complaints all over the place. spend some time. its for the best.

I complaint to the Junction engineer JE in my exchange when i had a issue with bsnl dataone. during the time they started it.so dont know even how it is for You telecom.

OP
T

thom yorke

Yes i have already lodged my complaint & for sure i will lodge the complaint with the Top Guys too.Should i immediately apply for disconnection at the local office?? & going further Can it lead to harassment from YOU Broadband if i don't pay the disputed amount??

What happened in your case madjeri??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yes i have already lodged my complaint & for sure i will lodge the complaint with the Top Guys too.Should i immediately apply for disconnection at the local office?? & going further Can it lead to harassment from YOU Broadband if i don't pay the disputed amount??

What happened in your case madjeri??

well, jus dont worry abt harassment buddy, if they do, jus lodge a police complaint..:mad:
alas,!! this is INDIA and NOT US where u can sue these ppl and get compensation for ur damages (both, mental and physical) :(

instead, i advice u to go to their YOU office and talk to the senior ppl and NOT jus dumb clerks, cos they will jus harass u even more.as they dont knw a thing..or two

btw, hv u seen the log of ur usage ?? i mean the times wen u were online adn how much data u hv d/loaded ?? coz this page shud be available online with the YOU website as u login into ur account.. see for any irregularities..in d/load rates coz u must be remembering abit as to wen u were online the last time ans wat u were doin online, so tat u can catch hold of any unnecessary d/lded bytes tat u hv not surfed/dl for.. :)

OP
T

thom yorke

well, jus dont worry abt harassment buddy, if they do, jus lodge a police complaint..:mad:
alas,!! this is INDIA and NOT US where u can sue these ppl and get compensation for ur damages (both, mental and physical) :(

instead, i advice u to go to their YOU office and talk to the senior ppl and NOT jus dumb clerks, cos they will jus harass u even more.as they dont knw a thing..or two

btw, hv u seen the log of ur usage ?? i mean the times wen u were online adn how much data u hv d/loaded ?? coz this page shud be available online with the YOU website as u login into ur account.. see for any irregularities..in d/load rates coz u must be remembering abit as to wen u were online the last time ans wat u were doin online, so tat u can catch hold of any unnecessary d/lded bytes tat u hv not surfed/dl for.. :)

Yes i have checked the logs of my usage.
i stay logged in for quite long intervals on messengers, and forums etc but i never made any downloads .I do the same stuff everyday and whats surprising is that they show 670-680 MBs on one day and then about 25-28 MBs on the other, even when my usage pattern was identical on all occasions.

Clearly there are lots of discrepancies in there.I have already sent a mail to the Nodal Officer & will look to visit their branch office too.

I have already asked them to show my detailed itemised usage listing the sources and websites -all uploads , downloads from different sites etc.

My connection will be disconnected by 1st Nov & i have to look for a new ISP.

adi007

Youngling
Yes i have checked the logs of my usage.
i stay logged in for quite long intervals on messengers, and forums etc but i never made any downloads .I do the same stuff everyday and whats surprising is that they show 670-680 MBs on one day and then about 25-28 MBs on the other, even when my usage pattern was identical on all occasions.

Clearly there are lots of discrepancies in there.I have already sent a mail to the Nodal Officer & will look to visit their branch office too.

I have already asked them to show my detailed itemised usage listing the sources and websites -all uploads , downloads from different sites etc.

My connection will be disconnected by 1st Nov & i have to look for a new ISP.

Do u have a firewall...
I dont think any ISP will cheat like this..
May be some program,malware,spyware any ware downloaded in background..
Check ur fire wall logs if u have a firewall ...

OP
T

thom yorke

Do u have a firewall...
I dont think any ISP will cheat like this..
May be some program,malware,spyware any ware downloaded in background..
Check ur fire wall logs if u have a firewall ...

Yes i do have a firewall.Kaspersky antivirus. checking it now.

As per firewall statistics it comes around 3GBs..including both incoming and outgoing traffic .As per ISP its 4GB.There is still about 1 GB of unaccounted traffic .

Last edited:

Bandu

Journeyman
^Just curious - What about wireless settings on your router? Any possibility of someone stealing your bandwidth?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
You telecom is a big cheat, I read about it some time ago in 'Pune mirror' (supplement of Times of India newspaper). You can also go to media to expose the unfair doing of this fraud company.

OP
T

thom yorke

Thanks everyone for replies!
Yups YOU Telecom is pathetic.I have made the disconnection request but they want to charge for this month also asking for a total of Rs 1723/-.I have decided to switch to Reliance Broadband as soon as they disconnect their connection & yes i won't pay them anything neither for this month nor for the supposed over usage.

Regarding Stealing of B/W, i will ask them whether my MAC no is free or binded .If free than i can claim i was cheated.What is the way to know it myself(without asking them)??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Don't trust any Indian ISP except Airtel BB. MTNL, a Govt. ISP is also charging me Rs. 100 more each month. when I ask Customer care, they say it will be adjusted next month...but still no adjustment.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey, come on, there must be sum exceptions with MTNL as it is with any other ISP too...but i hv never faced a single problem in my MTNL triband BB connection or in the billing...
-----------

@ thom:

yup, u doin the right thing buddy, intil and unless they (YOU BB) doesnt giv u any clarification abt ur usage or abt ur complaints..u better switch over to a better BB plan and a trusted ISP in ur area.. :)

as even the ratings of ISPs differ area-by-area.. :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^

hey, come on, there must be sum exceptions with MTNL as it is with any other ISP too...but i hv never faced a single problem in my MTNL triband BB connection or in the billing...
May be MTNL is good for you... but I just don't like MTNL. Worst customer care, always extra billing.

They even didn't do any wiring in my home, just left the open wire. AirBB provide free complete wiring till your system connection. Recently my dead phone was fixed in 3 days... and I had to visit caber cafe for my daily works. :-x

mrintech

Technomancer
if you feel that your ISP is cheating than report about them here: *pgportal.gov.in

But first bug them 3-4 times. I repeat do this method only if they are cheating. Also you can read: *tech-baby.co.cc/grievance-redress-website-from-government-of-india

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
May be MTNL is good for you... but I just don't like MTNL. Worst customer care, always extra billing.

They even didn't do any wiring in my home, just left the open wire. AirBB provide free complete wiring till your system connection. Recently my dead phone was fixed in 3 days... and I had to visit caber cafe for my daily works. :-x

yup, its good for me, infact the best for me :)
ur dead phone was fixed in 3 days ?? omg, tats a long time buddy, my dead router and landline phone (both) were replaced and NOT fixed by mtnl within 8 hrs of giving them a complain on theier toll free broadband number 1504...

Also, whenever my net is down, i call up 1504 and the tech person is there to help me within say, 2mins by calling me up personally at my home (by rerouting the call from the Bandra call station of 1504 to my local mtnl office station at goregaon east :D..

this good and responsive work from MTNL has not happened to me jus once or twice in a span of sum weeks, instead i hv got the same kind of responsive reply since 3 yrs of my triband connection.. :hooray: :D
--------
i guess, not every customer is so lucky..:rolleyes:

Bandu

Journeyman
^@ashu: How much does Triband cost? I'm planning to make a shift back to Mumbai and I'll need a good connection and provider as yours.

TIA.
Bandu.

OP
T

thom yorke

Now their high handedness...They say unless i clear the dues, they will continue to charge me everyday.
They won't disconnect until i pay them the fine & will keep charging me too..whether i use their connection or not. This is ridiculous, now do i have to approach Consumer courts for justice?

Raccoon

Journeyman
I consider not doing anything. Its they who need the money from you... so they have to move the courts not you. Consumer court is a good option if you want to sue them for harassment/damages caused to you... like non-availability of working connection, loss of money due to that, mental harassment, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom