In a dillema.....new rig...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Second desiibond's question. Your best bet is to check out in newegg for comments and hope someone who bought a HD5850 has a CM Elite 334.

And is this case available in India ?
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166004
@ 50$ and Full Tower its one beautiful piece of hardware.

EDIT: and this too: 40$ totally sweet
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811166015

Last edited:

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
O wow ... but its not $50 , that's only after mail in rebate if you can claim that :S .. but even then its like 4.2k ($80) so its still VFM. I see enough fans in there :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The 5850 is being touted as normal sized card. Not the big 11" that 5870 is.

It should be manageable inside his case.

@metalheadgautam:
Wow those are nice cabinets. Doubt they would be available in India.

Though have been researching cabinets...when ever I get my next rig the cabinet will be for sure:

1. Full ATX. (Much more space -- more roomier)
2. Swivel side panel. (I hate opening the two screws)

Last edited:
O wow ... but its not $50 , that's only after mail in rebate if you can claim that :S .. but even then its like 4.2k ($80) so its still VFM. I see enough fans in there :D
Well if you order it via KMD I guess you still claim MIRs.

Anyway, check THIS baby out too:
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517004

I'll just keep drooling till it appears on Indian shelves which maybe like NEVER :cry:

The 5850 is being touted as normal sized card. Not the big 11" that 5870 is.

It should be manageable inside his case.

@metalheadgautam:
Wow those are nice cabinets. Doubt they would be available in India.

Though have been researching cabinets...when ever I get my next rig the cabinet will be for sure:

1. Full ATX. (Much more space -- more roomier)
2. Swivel side panel. (I hate opening the two screws)

Mine too. And I am also looking for 250mm dual fan solutions and wind tunnel type solutions for my next rig.

But the advantage I got is that my desktop workstation is atleast 4 years away, once I graduate and get a job. Meanwhile I am concentrating on getting a TB more of space into my current P4 rig in under a month and a budget dual core (with PROPER graphics option) laptop coming soon within an year.

So hopefully by the time my purchase time comes, we'll have awesome cabbies like that in India too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But it's outperforms all GPU's in it's price range and even outperforms GTX 285 which is more expensive than this Powerful Red gene. So though 15-17K it's the best VFM product in it's price range ( actually it's the best VFM product in 15-22K ) :p

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Ordered the rig...today bank holiday..payment tomorrow...rig shud be at home by latest next week...........

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Local....direct to home...I'm in Delhi..

He's charging only Rs. 250 on top of total for Assembling and Delivering the comp..

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

He said he'll assemble it himself...

and who says i'll let my comp be in one piece once it's in my vicnity!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

That will hav to wait...yea I'll add a good CPU cooler later, and some lights too(suggest on that l8er) as the cabby side is transparent anyways... :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ After you got your new rig don't forget to take a look at these two threads :p

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121070

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121310

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom