In a dillema.....new rig...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
kinda.....only the Cabby is left....and if the budget exceeds too much...i will scrap and get a mATX board itself....else it's pretty much the one i've posted here.....

EDIT:-
guys finalize the cabby, within 4k, from India(newegg import too costly becuz cases are heavy)..............

Just get the CM690 (transparent side panel) RS4580/--- (Lynx). No doubt or debate about this.

Nothing can beat this cabinet for the price. Believe me, when you see it you will be shocked. Its so solid, and heavy, and robust. Excellent cable management. It has provision for 120MM x 6 and 1 x 80mm fans.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I waz considering this for 4.7k

*www.techgadgets.in/images/nzxt-guardian-921-chassis.jpg

NZXT Guardian 921

It's this or I will just get a simple case - CM Gladiator 600 @ 3.8k

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I waz considering this for 4.7k

*www.techgadgets.in/images/nzxt-guardian-921-chassis.jpg

NZXT Guardian 921

It's this or I will just get a simple case - CM Gladiator 600 @ 3.8k

Gosh..half that case is 'naked'.

Buddy unless the system is in another room, this case will not let you sleep. To much light will seep through.

Never seen a NZXT is real to comment about quality. Would still suggest CM690. Safe
bet.

By the way..is the side panel swivel or screw.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I guess this would change your mind about Guardian 921.

*www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Guardian_921/7.html

Stick with CM690!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's better to stick with CM690 - It has best ventilation system in it's price range. Even cabinet priced higher than this has not this kind of ventilation system. So it's the perfect VFM cabby under 5K :p

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Guys the CM 690 Transparent comes to 5k..I've decided and already placed order of Antec Three Hundred....good buy?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Well..decent buy. Since you have decided.

Where you saw the CM690 being 5k.

Antec 300 is a fine cabinet. I liked the concept of washable fan filters and speed control for the fans.

It will be a tad small for large GPUs. Specially if you put in multi-HDDs

*img12.imageshack.us/img12/8004/60665557.jpg

*img12.imageshack.us/img12/3999/35018286.jpg

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Chill..I'll never have 3 gfx cards there..nor multiple hdds too....

And the entire rig is coming fro lynx-india...as Amarbir said he has the Athlon II X4 620 and ASUS 785G EVO...i'll pick up 4GB DDR3 kit from him itself

Chill..I'll never have 3 gfx cards there..nor multiple hdds too....

And the entire rig is coming fro lynx-india...as Amarbir said he has the Athlon II X4 620 and ASUS 785G EVO...i'll pick up 4GB DDR3 kit from him itself
Then why don't you just go for a zebby case ? You have good options under 2.5K and these would be enough as long as you are going for simpler solutions without multiple HDDs, Multiple Optical Drives, etc.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I never meant three GPUs. Anything longer then 10" will cause an issue in there. All ready the 5xxx series are 11"...!

Krow

Crowman
@ OP asigh is speaking sense. You may have 3 or more HDD's later, so wasting 4.7k on that is not worth it. Better get CM690 @ 4.5k. Cheaper and better, so no hesitation. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of users have/need 2Hdds. You have got 5 in one cabby! :p

What do you do ? Are you running 2x hdd in RAID0 and another 2 in RAID1 and using the single one for OS ?

@ Techalomaniac - yup, CM690 is the way to go. The hdd installation is so easy on it :p

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Guys....i can't go on stretching my budget..

and trust me...when i say i'l have one:-
-gfx card
-no pci cards ever(wont evr need)
-only 1 HDD
-1 optical drive

I mean it...and if u say that a CM Elite 334 will be able to accomodate that all...i will even go for that cuz i really dun wanna increase the dammned budget...getting hd5850 is gud enuf..

Guys....i can't go on stretching my budget..

and trust me...when i say i'l have one:-
-gfx card
-no pci cards ever(wont evr need)
-only 1 HDD
-1 optical drive

I mean it...and if u say that a CM Elite 334 will be able to accomodate that all...i will even go for that cuz i really dun wanna increase the dammned budget...getting hd5850 is gud enuf..
Yeah CM Elite 334 seems good enough. See if you can get the transparent version though.
But then also consider Zebronics Reaper. *www.zebronics.net/Zeb_Reaper_(T).asp

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

No...I just need to confirm the mode of payment from Amarbir..his cell is switched off....from yesterday nite...uff...then order will be placed.

now the entire rig is confirmed.....Cooler Master Elite 334 Transparent...comes for 2.6k.........

Finally....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom