image size in wordpress blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyadr

Journeyman
i have few article from news paper which i want to scan and put it on my blog. but the scan image is of few mb in size...which is not advisable to post onto blog. if i reduce the size....the image is able to view on the blog but the text can not be read. how to post an image whose size is very small say less than 100 kb but can be read on the screen itself. :confused::confused:

din

Tribal Boy
May be you can use poto uploading sites like imageshack which many wordpres users use. Anyway it is advised to reduce the size (as it is in MBs) before uploading. When you open it in ACDsee and saving by overwriting, the size will get reduced. I mean open -> save -> give the same file name -> confirm overwrite.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
When uploading to Imageshack, there are some option to optimize the picture by resizing them. As in a blog, it need not to be a 4096*4096 resolution. On the other hand you can use thumbnails on the blog. :D

If u have some image editing software like Photoshop or at least Paint.NET or IrfanView, then you can also save the file in different format like in jpg, gif and reduce the quality to reduce the file size. :D

friend_sunit

Broken In
You r saying that..the image is in MBs.. that means.. thats a very high resolution image. Such high resolution image can't be used on a blog.

And you want you visitors to read that paper... whose text becomes invisible when u make the image small.. So, either try scanning in a low resolution or just the required part of the paper..

If u can't do it.
you only have the option of thumbnail image.

So, the best would be to put up some thumbnails.

OP
shreyadr

shreyadr

Journeyman
May be you can use poto uploading sites like imageshack which many wordpres users use. Anyway it is advised to reduce the size (as it is in MBs) before uploading. When you open it in ACDsee and saving by overwriting, the size will get reduced. I mean open -> save -> give the same file name -> confirm overwrite.
thanx din for the suggession. tried it and quite satisfied

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
this guy the most stupid spammer i have come across, useless site, and un-necessarily increasing moderator work load :lol: kya faaltu hai :lol: happy modertaing guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom