Im just another helpless first time voter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
I know we are having Mumbai issue at our hands which is the top priority for the nation right now. But this is something also very important,electing our leaders. SO here is the post I made on my blog here *knayam.com/2008/11/18/im-just-another-helpless-first-time-voter/

I am really confused.Want some worthy advice from you people. Many otehr will/can benefit from the discussion as well.
mayank'sblog said:
I will get a chance to vote for the first time on 29 Nov, the day Delhi goes to legislative elections. Im so very excited about it as i always wanted to vote. But as much as im excited about my first vote, im am equally clueless about in whose favour I should cast my vote.

There is corruption every where. They are so selfish and greedy that dont give a damn about democratic values anymore ( recent Ashok Argal’s vote-for-money case). They make such baseless acquisitions on another that it is hard to believe that they are from the same country working (thoeretically) for the bettetment of their country and its people.

Well, the whole things boils down to our politicians,our leaders who are,actually our own representatives. We only select them to lead us. So who is at fault here? Why do we elect people who have no will to serve people? People who only want to join politics because they they are just bored of being a criminal(criminal records of our MP’s and MLA’s are a proof) and want a change, people who see politics as an option to make huge chunks of money. Why have we blindfolded ourselves from the reality. Why are we so orthodox that we are incapable of thinking beyond regional,caste and religion lines? what makes the whole scenario even more disastrous that there are educated people too who believe that people like Raj Thackeray are right. many educated people think on the lines of Hindutva as popularised by BJP and its allies like VHP, Bajrang Dal. I was stunned one day to discover (after a long heated discussion) that somewhere down the line even my mother thinks of all muslims as extremists. She says what I think is good on paper but reality is different than just thinking all as just Indians. Why this generalisation?

But what options do you have once you dare,I say dare think beyond these things? Who do you give your vote to? Im one of those who strictly believe casting your vote is a must,as it is better to be a prt of a solution then to whine about a problem. I am a first time voter and will cas my vote for the fisrt time in upcoming Delhi elections. But the problem is whom do i give my vote to? Whome do i want my next leader? Mr. Vijay Kumar Malhotra, who you can find standing all the time in the parliament,irrespective of whether he has anything to say/oppose to? He just stands for the sake of it as he is in opposition. The man has no issues. Apart from that why should i vote a party that believes in caste politics? People who do violence in name of religion. On the other hand is Congress, the oldest national party hailing leaders like Nehru, Indira Gandhi ,which slammed the high Indian democratic values by bribing the MP’s to vote in their favour in the confidence motion by PM on the issue of civil nuclear deal. The party has candidates like Jagdish Tytler who are no better than their counterparts.Also they have been a fail when it comes to containing terror. Point is the both the major national parties are no different from each other. Every one is corrupt.

So effectively you do not have to sweat thinking,”Oh my, I cant decide who is more worthy of my vote because all have done excellent service for the country”, but rather you have the dilemma of choosing who is a lesser evil from among the bunch.Who has lesser criminal records against his name. Who has done atleast something for his region. That is the problem if you really want to make your vote count.

Is it really so hard to find a genuine candidate who is really worthy of your vote in a country of more than 1 billion people? I wish people like respected ex-president Dr. Abdul Kalaam ji come into politics. We really need a change, much like America. We need an Obama for ourselves.

Is elections all about choosing lesser of the two evil and keeping the more evil away from the power? What should you do? Skipping is not a solution but why should I endorse/support people in whose ideology i dont believe in?

help me get ris of the situation and i am sure there are many more (atleast youth) who feel the same way
P.S> its not only about the Delhi elections but also about elections in general(there are general elections coming up next year)

karnivore

in your face..
How is POTA going to help curbing terrorism..?

O i get it. If we enact POTA the terrorists will be so afraid, that they will start pissing in their pants, throw away their AK-47s and start sucking their thumbs. Good going :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol POTA will become an excuse for other things than what it meant to be.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
arre yar Congress ko 10 saal diye..5 BJP ko bhi deke dekho..we need CHANGE !!
warna mere BJP vs Congress thread ko refer kar lo :D

jal_desai

In the zone
vote according to ur common sense and thinking... BUT PLEASE VOTE!! Dont sit in ur home doin nothin. just spend atmost 1 hr on tht day to vote for ur desired candidate... PLEASE VOTE GUYS!

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
vote according to ur common sense and thinking... BUT PLEASE VOTE!! Dont sit in ur home doin nothin. just spend atmost 1 hr on tht day to vote for ur desired candidate... PLEASE VOTE GUYS!
You are the enlightened! and do you know how many people actually have common sense? Like they say, common sense is not so common!

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
I did give my vote, and i gave my vote to nobody.
There is a provision for that.
You can read about my expirience on my blog here if you want to know more about it if you are interested.
*biotech-geek.com/blog2/2008/11/29/i-voted-i-voted-for-no-one-in-delhi-elections

clmlbx

Technomancer
they all say 1 vote can make the difference but what if they don't allow us to vote

on 27 there were elections in Indore and many voters like me who had voter Id but no name in list .....so we just had to return without voting . Most of them were whose voter id's wer made this year . had voter Id but no name in the list .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom