IM GOING MAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
hey guys, i really need your help on this one.

wheneva i start certain programs, such as powerpoint or my getright download manager, i get

a blue screen error which says

'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your

computer. The file object passed to IOCancelFileOpen is invalid. It should have a reference

of 1. The driver that called IOCancelFileOpen is at fault'.
Then i get a msg about going to safe mode and removing any new installed hardware and all.

The last msg is
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
STOP **0x000000CB (0x812A7E08, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical Memory Dump Complete'

This error comes only for certain programs, such as the ones i have mentioned earlier. I

have tried scanning for virus and also ran spybot, but they both didnt come up with

anything. i've even tried system restore, but no luck. reinstalling windows or the

mentioned programs also dont help.
the error log in administrative tools says

'The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000001' while processing

the file '' on the volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.'

im at my wits end cuz i have a project to submit by next week (im still in skl), and i

need to use powerpoint and the net....SO....H E L P

btw im running a P4 2.4, 256MB, Winxp service pack 2.

thankx

adi

ramank

Broken In
Might be a virus!
Due to a startup program called mskd32.exe
Googling found me this
This might help you!

ironcross77

Broken In
Your hard disk seens to have physical error . make a boot win 98 floppy and scan the hard disk with scandisk surface scan.

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
hey guyz...
thankx a lot for ur help. i just figured out the problem. it wuz wit avg antivirus. i had recently installed avg antivirus ver 7.0 a few days back. so the moment i uninstalled it, things came back to normal. so its goodbye to avg from me......guess i better switch to some other antivirus solution.....maybe avast or something...

thanx neways...
peace

Ashis

In the zone
adit_sen said:
hey guyz...
thankx a lot for ur help. i just figured out the problem. it wuz wit avg antivirus. i had recently installed avg antivirus ver 7.0 a few days back. so the moment i uninstalled it, things came back to normal. so its goodbye to avg from me......guess i better switch to some other antivirus solution.....maybe avast or something...

thanx neways...
peace

Congr....... Problemo Solved :twisted:
Try ZoneAlarm Security Suit :wink:

Got Any tricky problem with Trying ZoneAlarm Security Suit
Then PM Me :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom