ihyped or iAwesome !

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2K

In the Zone
Except for the fact that their products look awesome in terms of Aesthetics there is no actual point in owning them....
No matter if it is their OS or the actual hardwares like macbooks or imac ,you can't deny the fact that they all look beautiful unless you are blind:D or have a wierd sense of beauty:D:D:D.....
And all you pay for is that half bitten Apple logo...You can get better products for the half the price if you don't really care abt their overhyped branding and looks.:D
Basically they can be termed in general as icandy:D

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Apple= Quality + Cool factor

Also its not all hype. The ipod touch was slated as the best audio player due to its music quality alone despite all the extras it comes with.
Good battery life and ease of use.

I think iOS and Android stand on equal grounds now. Its presonal preference from here on. iOS wins for apps though.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
One of reasons that apple is enjoying so much success is the platform. the i store beats all the other application platforms out there on every front. apple is not overpriced, and is leading everyone else on matters of how much digital content should cost. ebooks, songs and games are all settling around the 1$ mark because of apple, and all of this is very cheap if you compare these to similar services on other platforms. for the price of one good psp game, you can buy out the top ten istore games, so apple is in fact, very cheap
the touch is also the best there is despite the competition, and no one competes with it at the same price point. The battery life is far from being the best in the market
however, IMO the phone part of the iphone is really bad, or at least not worth the price difference over an ipod touch, cause if ur saving up for an iphone when you cross 15k you realize the latest ipod touches can do evarthing the iphone can expect call, and youll have enough left over to get a droid for a portable wifi hotspot

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ will whole heartedly agree on that. I own an iPod Touch. Great gadget.

OP
xtremevicky
I agree to what Anorion said. I also own a ipod touch and love the gadget .

iPod touch is one of the best gadgets one can buy .

Sarath

iDota
I lost my ipod touch. :-(

Their hardware is however overpriced. No surprise they rake in more profit per unit sold than any other gadget out there.

Anish

Spectre
Generally considering apple,
build quality is awesome
But features sucks! such as sync in ipod (I am really sick of that and wanna bang my ipod)

cost wise,
An apple a day burns your pocket away

noob

Cyborg Agent
The sync is forced or what..??

yes. when you connect even old SE K750i phone to PC via USB cable , you can see it as Removable disk in windows (like pen drive) but when you connect any of iDevices , this is not the option.

hence no freedom.

Anish

Spectre
The sync is forced or what..??

What do you mean by forced? You mean its mandatory? The sync is the only option available in ipod to upload music. you cannot copy paste as traditional mp3 players. Sync via itunes and thats another crap. It introduces a waste product called quicktime player.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Meaning once the sync starts, can you choose what all is transferred. Or it over writes everything by default.?

doomgiver

Warframe
bloated, you forgot bloated

if software started having dependencies(read : quicktime, who hte hell even uses quicktime??? ) like itunes, we would have to install several gb's of cr@p for every tiny software out there

bad ico, rickrolling innocent digiters. i shall report you :fc_bat: (just kidding)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmmm..

Tethering is an archaic practice, used at best for charging the device. You dont really need a copy of your itunes purchases on a computer, the store catalogs your purchases for you

128 kbps, and even lower bitrates is how music is consumed on radio worldwide and thats not including internet radio and podcasts. lower bitrates has always had a quixotic quality that a surprising number of listeners relate to more than the music itself, and if your an audiophile or something, the itunes store may not satisfy you but if you really just want to listen to the song it will be in an app, a bunch of podcasts, and available as a track and an album for download... or you can just play it on youtube if all else fails

I liek droids. Fanbois are most critical lol. The store is not nearly as competitive, or innovative, or even active, but yeah its trying its hard, but its a horribly designed app store. the android store makes the act of purchasing tedious with atrocious pricing on the "top apps" category, and this has remained unchanged since I blv the day it started. even ovi is better in comparison with indian price points and perhaps more handsets in the wild. Also, every droid seems rushed, as if the fully featured phone will only be in your hands after the next update. On a pod, each update is an extra, and sometimes you just wish the latest version does not mess up your device. And yeah, updated the OS of a pod is easier than updating the OS of a droid.

In short, the device does not really matter, it is the richness of the ecosystem, the users attention to the publisher's content, apple is just a very successful middleman, any platform has the opportunity to achieve this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom